All: SOD's Best and Worst of's for 2007

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to disagree with this Vet pick. Has anyone seen the vets of GH lately? Neither have I. The DOOL crew gets used far more often and with more substance. When Shawn Brady is getting scenes contemplating killing Andre and arguing with Stefano, and Victor is giving the most memorable eulogy, and Doug is giving a toast summarizing the entire year, and Marlena and Stefano are having this intense showdown, and so on and so on, how can it be the biggest waste of talent?

Have you seen Bobbie Spencer on GH getting anything or Monica Quartermaine? How did the Robert Scorpio return work out?

DOOL is way better than GH or AMC in this regard.

• Members

I'm interested in reading their explainaitons of why they picked each one. Usually they have a paragraph or two on each category explaning what when wrong or right.

I haven't received my Dec 4 issue yet. Is that where this list is from, or does someone have an advance of the Dec 11 issue??? I'm just wondering if I just need to wait a day until it comes in the mail, or another whole week.

• Members

Dee Hall has now been on 4 times in a week for the first time in God knows how long. Where is Anna and Tony? Both get two appearances a month. And, where was John before he "died"? Right along side of Maggie, Victor, Stefano, and Hope, who all haven't had anything to do until just recently.

I respect your opinion, epsecially since I don't watch GH. but, having watched Days for the past year, I can say that, IMO, that was a correct choice from SOD. :)

• Members

I have to agree with ATWT as best show... The show is stable with good writing day-in and day-out, with a great ensemble. Most stories are family centered and there are always a good amount of stories at all times.

Is ATWT as good as it can be? No. Do the stories sometimes suck? Yes. But it has less hard-to-watch episodes than any other soap.

• Members

Gotta disagree with Cane being Jill's son as a good rewrite. While I like Cane, him being Jill's son and Kay's grandson just doesn't work. Also disagree with Zoe being the most daring plot. So he's transgendered? Yeah, well PSNS's Vincent is transgendered AND the son of two main characters AND biracial AND pregnant (possibly by his father.) THAT is daring.

Agree with Eileen Davidson as best soap hop.... she's better on B&B than she's been on Y&R in ages. Agree with Austin Peck as best recast. Actually, he's my favorite Brad ever.

• Members

That sure made me smile. And you're absolutely right. Although I always thought Peck had a little something in him that worked as an actor, on DAYS I just never saw how he'd ever get to show viewers that he is actually a capable actor. However, he is wonderful as Brad and fits in better at ATWT than he ever did at DAYS. I think Peck really shines and good for him, he seems like a lovely guy, he deserves it!

I agree with the rest of the list for the most part except Best Show and Best Re-Write of History. B&B is my favorite and is what Y&R used to be all about. It's consistent and fabulous and it was so lost last year, a complete turn around. OLTL has definitely improved 100%, but I'm not a regular viewer, so I'm not the best judge. In terms of Cane being Jill's son on Y&R, you know, I just wish writers would realize that rewriting history is almost never a good idea. Daniel Goddard is a decent actor and he's fun...but he ain't Y&R material. It didn't help that Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper got totally shafted in this storyline when it really should have been all about them. I'm still hoping that the dropped story angle of Cane actually not being Phillip and merely scamming Katherine and Jill will play out after the (hopeful) ouster of LML and her hacks is complete.

I would also say, finally, that although the vets of DAYS have been given the shaft and are thus appropriate for the list...the way GH has treated its vets is just as deplorable. Jackie Zeman especially has been treated like sh*t and she is, arguably, the most connected character on the show. Just because she's over 50 doesn't mean she isn't a popular, sexy, vibrant wonderful woman and actress.

• Members

I adore Austin Peck on ATWT. For the first time EVER, I find him sexy. He's no Nick Kokotakis, though, but NK had the benefit of stronger writing under Lorraine Broderick.

Dude is sexy as hell. I just wish he didn't come with the baggage of being "Phillip."

I think Cane being Jill's son has totally damaged the show. It just continues the wreckage inflicted by Jill being Katherine's daughter.

Whoever said B&B and OLTL are the best soaps on the air are SO right. If there could be only two nominees for Outstanding Drama Series, this would be the year.

• Members

Someone asked about Best Couple. I read at other boards that the winner was...no one. And it was said that Scrubs was a contender but then GH messed them up. I have no idea if it is true, but will know once I get my (always late) issue in the mail.

But if it is true, how sad that daytime has fallen so far where there are no couples to choose from as "best couple".

Archived