All: SOD's Best and Worst of's for 2007

• Members

i love austin peck love.

he was my first boy crush. him ryan phillippe, and the red power ranger.

oh, and that snyder men banner is soo hot.

i dont know what one i would pick. well thats a lie because aaron is out, hes just not hot. and holden could go cuz hes a bore, and luke is to young. thats leabes brad and jack and im down for both.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I almost sympathize with them, actually; they had to give Best Show to someone, but ATWT is not the choice unless you isolate only Nuke. Everything else on the show is a disaster. And while I love what's happening to OLTL, this change has only happened in the last few months; it wouldn't be right to give it Best Show this year. And clearly, someone is pissed enough about the Latham-ization of Y&R and refuses to give it to them (and I admire that conviction), so really, who's left? Not GH, which even they can't stomach giving it to anymore. Not AMC. Not DAYS which has been deeply troubled at best and is still fighting for life and again, only just now improving.

I have to say, I would've given it to Y&R or DAYS and gotten egg on my face before giving it to ATWT though.

• Members

You said it perfectly...they had to give it to somebody or be bold enough to be honest and say that no soap was the best...I almost wish they had just picked apart each soap and pieced together some Frankenstien Monster of a best soap...I agree on ATWT, I LOVE the NUKE stuff but people tied to train tracks and sinking in quicksand are not a part of any soap I consider THE BEST...I only watch pieces of ATWT, Y&R (until recently when I sort of catch it when I can), and Hollyoaks (every second of it) so I can't judge anything but those soaps but I have tons of soap watching friends and they all agree it was a sad sad year for the genre...when the best soap I watch is from The UK and isn't even shown on TV but is streamed online that's pretty sad! :(

Kade

• Members

i agree. however i do still think its the best soap on the air right now. its a sad day in soapworld when a borring show is the best show. the only comp it has is B&B. And i love how campy and fun yet dramatic and soapy B&B is. but really, no soap deserved best soap. they should have given it to reruns of something on soapnet.. oh wait, they dont rerun classic soaps.

• Members

B&B has been phenomenal lately: great balance, fresh stories, fast-moving plots & superb casting additions (Heather Tom, Patrick Duffy). It's a class apart from the rest of daytime right now and should be recognised as such.

• Members

While I enjoy B&B for what it is, I think it's a class apart because it's high camp and always seems to be. I see no sign of the really amazing writing Mulcahey did at GH, but I do see a fairly fun series of campy stories with a mixture of great actors (Flannery, HT, deVry, Lesley Ann Down and Wagner) and horrible but fun ones (Ronn Moss, KKL - sorry, but it's how I feel, and Jennifer Gareis). I can't take that show seriously because in every episode, each character repeats the same plot point line to drive the current themes home about six times per episode, twenty to thirty times a week. I can't count how many times I heard about how "when Donna goes up on that riser with Eric..." before the fashion show.

Also, those fashions were awful.

• Members

Preach it! I started watching ATWT for the Luke stuff, but man, the rest of the show is snoozeville. And I used to really love ATWT back in the day.

I don't watch GL, but I can't imagine any show being more 'disappointing' than AMC. I still watch it, but it's just not AMC anymore.

• Members

The Jack and Carly story on ATWT is unbelievably bad. I don't know how anyone can see Carly as anything but a psycho after that big wedding reveal. Also bad is anything with Aaron and Alison, or those n00bs. I don't even understand the quad with Paul, Rosanna, Craig and Meg. Why did they dump Cady? How the [!@#$%^&*] did Meg get involved with Craig? How on Earth? And why haven't they dumped Howarth?

It's sad when the most compelling performers in the "Carjack" story are Parker and JJ, or as I call them, Jack and Carly's lesbian daughters.

• Members

I watch both, and trust me DOOL is way better. Not that they use all their oldtimers, but they at least use some. And some is better than none (see GH for none).

Tony, Maggie and Anna are tragically wasted, but Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, Roman and Stefano are at least seen. They're not Sami, Shawn, Belle and EJ, but their presence is at least felt. This last week has been nice for Marlena fans, and depending on whether you consider Lauren Koslow a vet or not, Kate has been back in action recently. I do think Maggie is the biggest waste. I would love to see more of Doug and Julie, especially since Doug has to be the most spry 80 yr old on TV.

But Jackie Zeman just got dropped from her contract, Stuart Damon was dropped before her, Tristan Rogers was dropped from his recurring status, and Jane Elliot, Leslie Charleson and John Ingle are at the mercy of Tony Geary's contract on GH. If any of these people got Alfonso or even Deidre Hall airtime, it would be an exponential growth of seismic proportions.

Archived