Anybody watch the presidential debate on CNN???

EricaKane70

• Members

Hillary destroys the competition

This is the clip of the night. :lol: An I resent what senator's obama's wife said a couple days ago, saying that African American's aren't on Obama's side right now because they are afraid of the unknown. That insults my intelligence as an african american, I'm not on obama's side because he has the least experience out of most of the candidates. As for the voting, I'm leaning towards hillary unless a republican candidate can persuade me to their side.

An I wish sen. edwards and obama would stop agressively attacking hillary at these debates it makes them look really bad and it takes away time for topics to be discussed/stances on those topics which is why voters watch. I'm not saying that they can't questions things that she says, but do they have to be so nasty about it???

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was at work, but from what I saw, that was one HELL of a debate. What it showed me was that the Democrats on that stage at least come across like they feel the people of the country. If Hillary is that far ahead, she better get used to the mudslinging, because it's about to get much worse. One thing none of these canidates on either side see is that the american people are sick of the nasty backbiting that seems to go on in these deabtes and in election seasons period. So, I truly agree with you on that.

But, IMO, this is what each canidate must do:

1. Attack their opponents, without seeming mean spirited and nasty.

2. Prop themselves up, without seeming arrogant.

3. Attack the other opponent and their party without turning off voters.

4. Present a bonafide plan for the country that will benefit everyone.

5. Be on point with everything they say.

6. Not come across like an ass.

That is a really tough list of things to do. I just hope that Hillary can hold up to it. She's atough lady, so we'll see. :)

• Members

Really you actually gonna move?lol I don't agree because she come across as very knowledgeable and precise. But I do have to say she is failing at number 2, she comes off very arrogant, but I like that in a candidate because it gives them alot of confidence as long as its not a bill O'Reily type of arrogance. An as a voter I see that confidence as being strong.

• Members

Yes, I actually will. Hil is a vile woman with no regard for the country. She is power hungry monster. I cannot stand to even look at her.

I may be gay, and she may talk the talk about gay rights, but unlike many others in my community, I refuse to vote for someone like her based on that one thing.

• Members

I could support Hillary if she'd show actual initiative here and not just abuse the attention. By giving the other candidates flack for attacking her, the only purpose she serves is making them right. The best way to make your rivals into their own worst enemy is by ignoring them and simply proving yourself. Obama and Edwards have gone after her, fair enough, but you know what? This the American Political Tradition, whether we citizens like it or not. It's the game right now. And if they can't play it, where are they going to get? There will always be critics. Whether they play "politics of hope" or whether they sling mud. I still find Edwards and Obama both far more honest and frank candidates, whereas Hilary just doesn't fit the bill for me. All three of them are at fault for turning this into a media circus over what it ought to be. But, what can I say, I've become immune to the system. It's really a game of lesser evils. Different strokes, I suppose.

• Members

I'm a huge supporter of Hillary because of the stances she's for (like lowering college tuition, better research for AIDS, and slowly but surely getting our troops out of Iraq.) I'm sick of Obama and Edwards trying to tear her down because she's winning in the polls. It's ridiculous. Their tactics should be against the Republicans, not each other!

• Members

I watched the debate and I think that Hillary was great. Obama did not answer one question all night. Wolf even tried to help him and tell him to shut up, but he continued talking and making himself look like an idiot.

He just shows his lack of experience more and more everyday.

• Members

Obama would make a good Vice President, but he needs more experience for the main job. I personally think Joe Biden is the best candidate, but despite his excellent record and ideas, he hasn't gained any. The press always gives him praise, but he still goes nowhere.

Edwards has always put me off. His campaign was in the toilet so he turned angry and has gone on the attack with everyone. Even his wife has done the same. I just wouldn't trust him as President, he seems to be willing to do anything to win.

Hilary is one of the only candidates (besides Biden) actually giving us in depth plans for her presidency. Obama stumbles giving one minute debate answers. BTW, Hilary got lots of flak for her position on drivers licenses for illegals and Obama did the same thing at this debate, only very few people called him on it. I think a major problem people have with Hilary is that she's a woman. They won't admit it, but you know it's true.

As for Republicans, I think this lineup is very underwhelming. I HATE Mitt Romney who has changed positions on EVERYTHING convineintly in time for the election. He is as phony as they come. I wouldn't trust him for a second. Besides 9/11 (which he also screwed up), Rudy doesn't have much going for him. The only reason Republicans support him is because they think he could win. Fred Thompson is just laughable.

I think the person the Republicans need to get behind is Mike Huckabee. He stands for most of the things they want and is gaining in the polls. The people endorsing Rudy should be endorsing Huckabee.

Archived