Anybody watch the presidential debate on CNN???

EricaKane70

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 17 2007, 08:14 PM)
Obama would make a good Vice President, but he needs more experience for the main job. I personally think Joe Biden is the best candidate, but despite his excellent record and ideas, he hasn't gained any. The press always gives him praise, but he still goes nowhere.

Edwards has always put me off. His campaign was in the toilet so he turned angry and has gone on the attack with everyone. Even his wife has done the same. I just wouldn't trust him as President, he seems to be willing to do anything to win.

Hilary is one of the only candidates (besides Biden) actually giving us in depth plans for her presidency. Obama stumbles giving one minute debate answers. BTW, Hilary got lots of flak for her position on drivers licenses for illegals and Obama did the same thing at this debate, only very few people called him on it. I think a major problem people have with Hilary is that she's a woman. They won't admit it, but you know it's true.

As for Republicans, I think this lineup is very underwhelming. I HATE Mitt Romney who has changed positions on EVERYTHING convineintly in time for the election. He is as phony as they come. I wouldn't trust him for a second. Besides 9/11 (which he also screwed up), Rudy doesn't have much going for him. The only reason Republicans support him is because they think he could win. Fred Thompson is just laughable.

I think the person the Republicans need to get behind is Mike Huckabee. He stands for most of the things they want and is gaining in the polls. The people endorsing Rudy should be endorsing Huckabee.

I think Edwards has a lot of passion but you're right on one thing...hes MAD. Like not even just regular med. He's just plain PISSED OFF. I don't know why or where its come from but he just seems like a madman possessed by some demon on a crusade for the White House.

In some ways its a good thing. In others not so much. Like in the last debate he just came across as a desperate and hungry wold just thristing for blood...Hillary's blood at that. Its like he couldn't prevent himself from attacking her on EVERYTHING and at ANY oppurtunity he got. And I was glad that the crowd booed him. I get that he wants to be the presidential candidate but like Hillary said he should be hurling mud straight out of the "Republican Playbook". Its just not good taste really. Plus Hillary proved that his record isn't exactly stellar either and that hes flip flopped on some issues as well.

Obama attacks Hillary as well but I think its to a lesser degree. Last night was the exception though. He really seemed intent on cutting into her. Both him and Edwards basically want to win very badly in Iowa.

If I'm not mistaken they're basically in a tie in Iowa's polls correct? Personally I want Obama to win but if not him then Hillary with him as the VP candidate. All I know is that this is probably the most important election of my lifetime. I'md efinitely gonna get as many of my friends to vote this year as possible.

The people accusing Hillary or being arrogant or an ass are basically threatened by the fact that shes an intelligent no nonsense lady who has the guts and the strength to lead this country in the right direction. Lets stop confusing confidence with arrogance. The two are not even close to being the same. Hillary Clinton is a confident woman and based on all she has achieved in her life who can blame her? Shes got a ton of knowledge and a huge depth of experience in the political sphere of influence. Thats why to me shes the most qualified to be President and 2nd to Obama who appeals to me in a more fundamental way.

And on a final note no matter who wins IF its a Democrat in the White House come January 2009 I think they'd be stupid not to have Joe Biden in their cabinet. The guy has tremendously impressed me in each and every debate. I think hes got a lot great ideas and a backbone that this country is sorely lacking. IF he were in the Top 3 I'd seriously consider voting for him.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived