All: Soapnet's "Sunday Night Movie"

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Real movies, or soap episodes like the two episode GH block? I guess this is more signs that Frons has taken over. I don't understand why they can't switch off showing classics of different soaps each Sunday. Why does it have to always be GH? He needs to get his head out of GH's flopping ass.

• Members

OMG ZendallFan, I could not agree more.

WTF do movies HAVE to do with soaps...daytime soaps at that? Frons will probably get Varsity Blues and have the ads say, "You loved James Van Der Beek on DAWSON'S CREEK, watch him in this movie!"

They probably won't even show movies that Deidre Hall, LaLucci, or other soap stars were in. You know, those DAYTIME soap actors.

I completely understand why Blackwell left SOAPnet. Not to mention(on an unrelated note) they haven't even posted a press release or anything for this year's SOAPU contest. I'm willing to bet that was a Blackwell project.

• Members

It looks like real movies since they mentioned big movie starts like Julia Roberts and others in the promos. I assume SoapNet could air those TV movies soaps stars have done in the past, since sister-channel and Disney owned network, Lifetime, airs those movies all the time. But it doesn't look likely, since they're advertising big time movie stars in the promos. UGH! Frons continues to screw up SoapNet!

• Members

I didn't think Disney would go the way of Viacom and let one of its channels stand in total contradiction to its original purpose. This is the gateway to joining MTV and VH1, which don't have a thing to do with music anymore, and BET, which hasn't represented the Black community with dignity in years.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 10 2007, 01:40 PM)
I don't understand why they can't switch off showing classics of different soaps each Sunday. Why does it have to always be GH? He needs to get his head out of GH's flopping ass.

ICAM....I want to see some relapse episodes of AMC back in the glory days of the late 70s and early 80s and of course the first half of the 90s. Do not let GH have ALL the spotlight

• Members

Let's face it MTV and VH1 hardly show music videos anymore...they've become lifestyle channels and that's probably what SoapNet is hoping to do, broaden from just soap repeats...I don't agree with it but it makes sense...more people will probably tune into "Pretty Woman" on a Sunday night than a Sonnylicious marathon...

Archived