DAYS: Casting News

• Members

Jeremy is a character with potential and they do need a long-term guy to add to the young set for Steph if they go ahead with Max and Morgan. If Mike is returning, I think Jeremy is needed given what happened this summer. That would have to be addressed.

As for Cordy, she is likely short-term and her character is involved in a story and is needed. They have to recast her. It's a shame because I liked the previous actress.

I know people want more vets but they cost money and the show does need to start introducing some new, viable characters to intermingle with the existing ones. I know given this year that many disagree with that but, if the show is to have a future, that is needed along with increased usage of the existing vets.

With Days' casting department now, I am confident they will do a good job with any roles they cast.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it me, or does it seem as if Dax Griffin is approached for every role on soaps these days?

If I were you, I'd brush up on my basic grammar and punctuation skills first. The internet is cluttered enough with unintelligible blogs.

Also, I'd tone down the Shelley Hennig/James Scott/Steve Burton love. On a blog, that might comes across as stalkery.

• Members

I don't see the problem with hair color. Mike Horton (at least the last one?) was blonde. He was born in 1963, but Wesley Eure ('70s Mike) was born in 1951, making him old enough to be 35 year old Jeremy's father. :)

• Members

The problem is that he really serves no purpose by himself. Yes, he's a Horton, but if you're going to bring him back, bring back Mike or Robin, someone with history on the show and someone that can be a driving force to make him a layered character. Throwing him into the ridiculously bad Sorority storyline is a waste of airtime.

• Members

I completely agree they need to bring Jeremy back on with ties to history. Jeremy was raised in Israel with his mom, so he should be heavily Jewish. Being Jewish myself this could be perfect for show to do an anti semetic storyline as a social issue. Jeremy could come back hopefully with a better recast and with dark hair and we could pretend like the other version of him didnt exist. He should be dark and handsome kind of like Michael T. Weiss was and they should let him be coming from med school. I really do believe they should retcon the past year and pretend like it was an imposter and have Jeremy be this good guy living up to the Horton name. This way they can bring in new characters as part of the intern process and it could be like Port Charles when it first started. They could bring on a few others connected to families.

• Members

I really like your idea of an anti-semetic storyline, and it would be refreshing to see a daytime character embrace his Jewish heritage. I, being Catholic, would appreciate it as it will open me up to what its all about. Lets hope that TPTB read this board. :lol:

• Members

There are rumors they are bringing back Mike, Shawn. I think that is why Jeremy is returning so soon. I think he gets caught and brought back to Salem and Mike has to return to deal with him and then he sticks around. There was a casting blurb in SOD a few weeks ago that said a familiar doc was returning to Salem so I'm taking it as Mike. Hopefully, it is him. He could be a great love interest for Billie.

Hogan wanted to rebuild the Horton's and I think he was forced to abandon that early on. Now, it seems he is going back to that. He brought Nick early on and now he wants to bring Jeremy back and probably Mike. He already had Lucas change his name to Horton so it seems there is a feeling that the Horton's need to be a pivotal family involved in story again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived