GL: Week of Nov. 5th

• Members

It's another week in Springfield. Get in here and share your thoughts GL fans. I'm looking forward to Cyrus and Marina. I wonder if Gus and Harley are really over and we are going to have a Marina/Cyrus/Harley triangle? It's starting to look that way to me.

BTW, I can't believe Gus is trying to have his marriage to Harley annulled. That is so wrong. what is his reasoning on that? I mean other to appease Nat's new found religious principals. <_<

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I caught today's show and I'm really liking that Edmund's back. His scene with Geoffery today was so much fun to watch. I'm also enjoying any storyline that involves Ashlee and Dorris. Dorris makes such a good bitch but DK did something right by giving her emotions.

• Members

I'm tired of the endless Mayoral elections in Springfield. They never tied up the loose ends in the last one (Blake's poisoning/coma) and exactly whom filled the position after that event. Perhaps that's why they are having another one this year, who knows.

I do like the relationship between Doris and Ashlee. And I wouldn't mind seeing a Doris/Buzz pairing either. They have some sparks, IMO.

It's bad enough that RJ has been at Ms. Chitwood's for the better part of the year, and now that he is at the farmhouse more often, he's being ignored by Cassie for her ADOPTIVE son, Will. I wouldn't blame RJ if he ran away from home. He was ignored so his mother could go after her brother-in-law and now for crazy Will.

The whole Gus/Harley/Natalia stuff is boring to me. However, Harley/BE has been less annoying to me after her return from the church rubble. She's not as screechy or something, I like how BE is playing this part lately. I'm not looking forward to a Harley/Cyrus/Marina triangle, but you're right Julia, it appears that's in the works. BE has the ability to create chemistry with seemingly everyone.

I wish we would see Beth more. It's a shame that they aren't using a talent like BC more often.

I like the Dinah/Lizzie friendship angle. That has potential.

Those are my thoughts so far this week. Hopefully today's ITL isn't as down-right HORRIBLE as last week's episode.

• Members

Have Lizzie and Dinah mentioned that they're practically family; through Phillip?

I'm trying to figure out here, just how many fans there are of Gus and Natalia compared to Gus and Harley? :lol: Obviously there has to be a logical reason why DK is pairing Nat and Gus together while having Gus and Harley break up and their marriage annulled?

Poor RJ...he'll always have aunt Blake.

• Members

Hey Michael. Actually (surprisingly) yes, Dinah mentioned that on Monday, that Phillip was her cousin. I was impressed the writers actually remembered that. But I hate how they continue to use GA's character as nothing more than a plot point to drive other stories. That should show TPTB how important Phillip is to this show.

HA! That's a very good question. And I'm not sure how many Gus/Nat vs. Gus/Harley fans there are. From reading other boards, my impression is that there aren't very many GNats out there. I could be wrong. GusH seems to be more popular. I like the actress playing Natalia. She had some great scenes with Harley when the one night stand with Gus was revealed. I just don't see any sparks with Gus.

And when have you known DK to have a "logical" reason for anything he's done to our show?

• Members

I think that Will should take the pitchfork and put it to use on "Mama" Cassie. :ph34r:

And now I'm starting to wonder.....wasn't there another thread discussing "Vola Voof's" bible for GL and in it there was a SL of an 8 year old serial killer. HMMMMM. <_<

Could BB/EW/DK have taken this idea and revived it with Will?!?! It looks like he's already killed Alonzo....so....... :o

• Members

That was a good movie, Julia. And IF the story was in someone else's hands, I'd say the RJ/Will story based on that movie could be intriguing. But let's not forget we're talking about DK here. :mellow:

And sorry for the "stab" ;) at Cassie. I know you like her. Just havin' some fun! Today's ITL was just horrible for me.

• Members

:lol: No problem, I used to hate Cassie before Tammy died. She won me over when she went nuts and I've liked her ever since. I guess The Good Son is too dark for daytime, but I think it could be interesting GL needs to take some risks before it's too late. I guess CoopLee is a risk and I know serveral; people who like them, but I wish they would really shake things up in a big way.

• Members

Exactly. This whole "Reverend Lewis" SL is a joke. A person devoting his life to God is not going to say "Damn It!" all the time, especially when working on a bike. And look at the way he was talking to Jeffrey the other day! GMAB! He was irate and mean through that whole segment, and after HE is the one that contacted Jeffrey in the first place!?!? That doesn't make any sense.

And yes, Julia. "The Good Son" is a very dark movie, and probably wouldn't play well on GL, but if they based the story LOOSELY on that movie, with some of the darker aspects removed, it might play well. You're right - GL needs to take some risks and tell a GOOD STORY if they don't want to be canceled. Good post!

Archived