GL: Week of Oct. 29th

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was good, Julia. I liked him too, and GL needs a real villan; Alan Spaulding isn't it. Although EW/DK are trying to re-make the entire Spaulding clan into a bunch of rich criminals with no conscience.

The only thing I didn't get with Edmund/Cassie is how Cassie could "love" Edmund after what he was doing to get to the throne. Wasn't she hip to his evil ways before she fell for him? I was only watching on and off at that time, so please fill me in.

Yesterday's show was mostly OK. I liked seeing Alex and Olivia(!). I love CC; she just lights up the screen IMO. But I could do without all the "Philip-dangling" TPTB like to do. They seem to roll out Philip's effigy once every 4-6 months or so in reel in long-time viewers. It would be great if he actually came back though!

But what was with people being allowed to walk through the church rubble? Natalia, Gus and Alex all were able to get in the building....

• Members

Yeah Cassie and Edmund did fall in love, but regarding that you must throw logic out the window because the TPTB at the time were not that much different from the ones we have now. They didn't know how to write for much of the characters at that time. The writers before them seemed to hint at a potential Alex/Edmund pairing, but nothing came of it.

• Members

^ ^ ^ I KNOW!! Why does EW/DK do these things off-screen?!? That's one thing that really pisses me off. I love Maeve K/Vanessa and would love to see her on more often (I guess we can thank Paul Rauch for that). And an IMPORTANT PART of this story is Vanessa and Matt's (obvious) reconciliation.

Why would this not be shown to the viewers? What prompted Vanessa to take him back? The scenes of them breaking up were very good. And since then, on top of stealing from Maureen's fund, he's slept with her daughter. And then we saw an episode last week wherein Vanessa contemplated getting back together with Matt. Now POOF! All is forgiven? I don't get it.

I'm really enjoying individual actor's performances day-to-day (like GT/Dinah, MJ/Alex, MB/Marina and KZ/Reva), although the stories are poorly written and fragmented.

• Members

I think after Alan and Natalia kissed at the fundraiser, his panties are in a bunch for her. But you're absolutely correct, JS. The explanation for his sudden need to do this, after pushing them together to get Harley out of the picture, has never been explained.

DK can not seem to write a well-rounded story. His characters are mostly one-dimensional (the only one I can recall being fleshed-out was Jon). I thought that Donna Swajeski was supposed to be a good writer, from what I have heard of her work on AW, but I see no evidence of that on this show.

And I think Wednesday's ITL will (AGAIN) focus on "The Perfect Couple". Ugh. :angry:

Archived