GL: Week of Oct. 29th

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a good question, MichaelGL. I'm not sure how or why Springfield revolves around Cassie.

Maybe because EW/DK love the character, or figure the more they show Josh/Cassie, the more fans will change their minds about them. I have no idea. And it's an idiotic move, IMO.

They should focus the show around a character that people actually care about, and for me, that's not Cassie. We haven't seen Reva (in any substantial way) in weeks. Ditto Vanessa, Billy, Lizzie, Beth, etc. I don't get it and it's very frustrating.

I truly believe that since Cassie was recast, EW/DK thought that they could mold this character into the star of the show, ala Reva, and therefore will forever leave their imprint on the show. As I mentioned in another post, they have systematically removed every nemesis Cassie has ever had - Dinah and Beth specifically - so that everyone in Springfield "looks up" to her. It's nauseating. Other characters are used to pimp Cassie, like Daisy after her abortion or Lizzie stating what a "role model" she is. GMAB.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I could go on but I'll get off my soapbox now.

Archived