Days: Two Actors Out

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yay to Marcus Patrick leaving; it's about time.

I'm sad for Renee Jones, but they haven't been using her so I'm really not surprised. With the budget problems we keep hearing about, it only makes sense--from a business standpoint--to cut the characters not being used. It's not very nice to treat vets so shabbily, but it seems to be the pattern these days.

• Members

This is very typical of Hogan's writing. He's not fans of vet at all. He fooled everyone with all these returns, which were clearly forced on him. As long as he gets to write his teens and Ejami, he's fine.

Watch Marlena go on the backburner, or worse--get fired. They wheeled John and Marlena out for a ratings stunt. He KNOWS viewers want to see those characters, but he doesn't care. If I were a Diedre Hall fan I'd be campaigning to get her on B&B as Brooke's mother or a return to Y&R as Barbara Anderson. Sign petitions and let her know you want this. If you want her to win an Emmy and be able to act, something needs to be done.

Her talent, like most of DAYS cast will continue to be wasted with Hogan.

I also wish that fantastic Suzanne Rogers could get a better gig!

• Members

I too am concerned for Lauren Koslow. When I heard that Drake Hogestyn had been fired alarm bells went off in my head because with his loss Lauren lost her renegotiation partner (she and Drake had been known for renegotiating their contracts together as a team). I also think that Lauren has been written into an isolated part. I hate that this is happening and I can only hope that Ed Scott will protect her (we must remember that LK worked at both Y&R from 1984-86 as Lindsay Wells Abbott and at B&B from 1987-1992 as Margo Lynley, she was a Bill Bell favorite).

I am crushed for Renee Jones. Basically, Corday and Sheffer and everyone else has spat in her face...AGAIN! I really hope she lands a job at B&B or Y&R, shows which value their talent (less so at LML's horrific version of Y&R). I also think this spells doom for Leann Hunley, James Reynolds and Tanya Boyd. Thaao will also probably get axed or quit. And even worse I fear for people like Suzanne Rogers and Peggy McKay who haven't had storylines in YEARS and yet remain on contract.

• Members

The fates of Thaao and LeAnn all depends on what Tony and Anna do in the coming months. If they arren't doing anything prominent by Janurary? It will probably be a good possibility.

I can never be sure because whether LeAnn goes or not all depends on what happens to Thaao. I can't say Hogan doesn't like using Tony because Thaao was playing Andre these past months they probably didn't want to lay too much on him.

• Members

I don't care about Marcus Patrick(Jett) going, kinda happy. Firing Renée Jones(Lexie) AGAIN! is [!@#$%^&*] wrong, stupid and idiotic. Why in the hell did they bring her back in the first place?!! She's a good actress and should be used dammitt. I hope she lands a role in primetime or on another soap. This is horribly wrong!

• Members

Maybe Lexie gets offed by the Campus Rapist.

I'm sure the show needs a few IMPORTANT victims, especially with sweeps and all coming up.

BTW--

Ed Scott has totally revitalized the "Writing" on this show. It's gotten so much tighter and "soapy".

The scenes now "over-lay" and there's incredibly good Shading and Melodrama.

This is not Hogan's panache.

It's Ed Scott, and I for one, am loving how they "Get to the Point" and get the damned story going

lately.

This show is not going to survive if it doesn't take chances and also try to appeal to "WOMEN",

which lately, it's doing a much better job at.

Loved seeing Marlena SLAP the man who raped her daughter---love seeing E.J.'s heartfelt passion

for Sami, regardless of what the world thinks---love seeing Belle being a human being and Hope

shocking everyone by relating to Belle as a fellow woman.

OH--the drama!!

Love it. :P

• Members

I sure hope Lexie isn't killed off. Renee Jones shouldn't be fired period!! EJ has NO heartfelt passion for Sami. He's sickly obsessed with Sami and stalking her. He should be locked up for rape and stalking! DAYS needs to kill this b a s t a r d off pronto!! If he had passion for Sami, he would have NEVER RAPED her!! EJ IMHO is one of the major reasons DAYS is at an all-time record low in ratings. :D

• Members

I really feel sorry for Renee, she must be both livid and betrayed. I mean they fired her, rehired her, didn't use her, and then fired her AGAIN. All in less than a year! If they had no clear idea what to do with Lexie, Renee shouldn't have been rehired in the first place.

As for Marcus, good riddance!

• Members

>> EJ IMHO is one of the major reasons DAYS is at an all-time record low in ratings.

As much as I don't care for E.J., I don't think he's one of the MAJOR reasons why DAYS is doing so badly. I don't think he's even in the top 10.

I could be wrong, but something tells me Ed Scott is responsible for RJ's latest dismissal. I mean, it isn't the first time DAYS has brought back a popular actor, then let them languish on the story vine. (God, I still feel sorry for how Billy Warlock's last stint turned out.) But, I tend to think ES realized KC - who, I think, tends to bring actors back more out of sentimentality and loyalty rather than actual need - brought her back "just because," and decided that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Again, just a theory.

• Members

I agree, and to be honest, it's necessary.

Only I would have suggested they kill off Abe (another DiMera hit), have Jett leave town,

keep Celeste on recurring and then KEEP LEXIE and focus on her relationship with

Tony and the DiMeras--and eventually hook her up with a younger, sexier co-star

or make her somehow related to the black girl at the campus dorm.

But let's face it. Lexie is old now. She and Abe have no real story, they

don't attract black viewers like the Winters do (or use to) on "Y&R".

What's the use of having black characters if they don't bring in that demographic?

(the reason they don't, btw, is because they aren't really written as black folks)

If I were "DAYS", I'd get rid of the entire Carver family, but keep Celeste and

bring on Davetta Sherwood as a mental patient claiming to be Celeste's daughter.

Get a really good story going and try to attract black 18-39 yr. old viewers. That's

a huge Demo that the soaps have lost in recent years.

More than likely, Tony and Anna are leaving the show as well.

Archived