Days: Two Actors Out

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF? What was the point of bringing RJ back if she was just fired again after a few months of backburner status?

I'm livid.

Watch Lexie be another DiMera casualty. :angry:

But yay that MP was canned.

Hopefully they'll make Jet the Campus rapist and haul his ass to jail, never to be seen again.

• Members

Ugh I know!

I really never thought RJ would go frontburner, at least not now, but it never crossed my mind she would be fired again. I mean it was mainly because she was only brought back a few months ago! What was the point?!

As you mentioned, and Phoenix brought up on another board, Lexie might just die in this ridiculous feud(which would be horrible IMO. She's bene involved a little but not a bunch, and this feud story has sucked for the most part).

Also Phoenix pointed out on another board this does tear down alot of the diversity Days has. I don't care about it as far as Marcus goes, I hate him and have from day one. But RJ and JR were the main ones who brought diversity. Yeah we still have Abe(for now) and the new girl who won IWBASS, and Celeste on occasion(who we saw at times in Spring and only a few times the past Summer, and I think we've only seen Celeste one or two times this Fall), but still it's angering because RJ is so good and Lexie could do so much! But she hasn't recieved a good story in years.

• Members

I agree with everything you said.

The scary part is, what is there for James and Tanya to do now that Renee is out again?

They were stagnant during RJ's time off of the show, and I can see them being written out too. Then Days will have NO diversity. And I do NOT count the little boys Nick is raising.

Renee and James are dynamite, and given the right story, they could walk away with Emmys.

Why can't TPTB see what a goldmine they have in these two instead of shoving Chick and Stax down or freakin throats?!

Oh I'm so pissed right now... :angry:

• Members

This could only be a temporary thing for Renee. The fact of the matter is, they brought her back with no real direction for her character. I'm sure James being hospitalized may have a put a kink in their plans for her, but I'd much rather her be able to work elsewhere than just sit at home doing nothing.

If in a few months they have a better story for her, then I say bring her back. Until then, there's no need for me to even be upset (as much as I am) with her dismissal from the show.

As far as MP goes, never liked him, thought he was a waste of space and I'm glad he's gone.

• Members

I wouldn't be so mad if they brought her back and then just fired her again. I just love Lexie and RJ, and if this was the first time she was fired mabye I wouldn't be so pissed.

But yes, they did bring her back with a lack of direction, hell I think mabyethey could have waited on bringing her back since it wasn't needed, espeically since James was recovering from surgery all Summer.

• Members

If this is true, this stinks. Why bring her back? Is it like she can't have story with the DiMeras?

And, I bet that Leann will follow the same path. I don't know why they brought back these vets if the had no intension of using them. But, they can bring back Nadia Bjorlin and give her a 2-year contract to play another member of the younger set.

If this is true, no wonder people won't reinvest in Days.

• Members

I will be pissed if LeAnn gets cut too, but I think that all depends on what Thaao does next year. He's making a movie with Sheri Anderson and if he leaves, there is no doubt she'll get cut.

LeAnn may not have been on much but I think she was certainly on more than RJ.

However, I think you may have a point. LeAnn, and even Thaao could follow RJ's path. :(

• Members

Not surprised about MP but RJ is shocking. I was angry early on but, like Ryan said, the character had no direction and it's a waste to keep her around.

The problem with Lexie is they isolated her last Fall when they began preparing for her exit. She was no longer a doctor and then they made things worst when she came back this year and they reunited her with Abe and made her turn her back on the Dimera's. That alone took away so many potential stories (Lexie siding with the Dimera's, a new romance of some kind, etc). I do think Jim's illness stalled her story but I don't think she would've gotten alot anyway. Her return never seemed as bandied about as others, even though it was great to watch onscreen. I think they brought her back more or less to tie up what happened with her disappearance and just for show so they can say they are bringing back all these Dimera's. I think Hogan liked Renee but the character was at a dead end, some of which was created by him.

I feel bad for her and she is a fave of mine. I think this might be it for her, sadly. She was so upset the last time that I can only imagine how she feels this time. My hope is that her going will keep Koslow here because I, too, feel she could be next with her contract up in January and it seems like they are isolating Kate too (Lucas's name change, lack of purpose, etc). I was getting hopeful Kate would have a secure future with her involvement with Stefano and the way they wrote her in with Tony/Anna/Roman last month but I am very worried about her being on the chopping block next.

I think she will be a Dimera casualty. I also feel like this is Ed's decision and that he is trimming the fat. It's not just vets going. Jett and Jeremy are gone too. I think LeAnn will stay on as long as Thaoo stays. Thaoo has a project coming up next year with Sheri Anderson so that will affect if he stays on the show. I think that is primarily why LeAnn doesn't have a contract since Thaoo's future is uncertain.

• Members

The only reason I doubt LeAnn more so than RJ is that even though I am dying for her to have a contract and be on more, she has been used more than RJ. Not as much as she should be but still.

However, I never expected RJ to be cut in a million years so who knows.

Archived