GL: Week of Oct. 22

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just finished today's episode. I SHOULD be invested in some of these stories and more importantly, I WANT to be! But while watching the show this morning, I kept falling asleep!

I am liking MB as Marina more lately; her scenes today were pretty good.

Harley is still getting on my nerves. I don't get why she keeps pushing Gus away and I think TPTB are going to try something with her and Cyrus. I hope not, but who knows with these two quacks in charge.

At least there was no Josh/Cassie today (Tue). That's something to be happy about. I fear that when Edmund comes back to Springfield, St. Cassie will be on everyday :wacko:

• Members

OMG. :o

Wednesday's ITL totally SUCKED big time! What's with Reva backing up Josh's "calling"?!?

This was a horrible, horrible episode. Sometimes I wish (like we've talked about in other threads) that someone would show GL some pity and pull the plug already.

Maybe come the beginning of the year, we'll have someone else in the HW chair besides DK to go along with the production changes. HOPEFULLY.

• Members

^ ^ ^ I'm looking forward to Bill's return, too, Matt. But Edmund is returning only for "Ms. Perfect". I won't say anything else cuz I don't wanna spoil anything for others.

Bill's return is looking a little better. Daniel Cosgrove is a hottie, and he's actually been put on a 3 year contract I think. ;)

• Members

The only time I actually liked Cassie, well nuCassie, is when she went crazy. That's the only time, IMO, that I found this character the least bit enjoyable.

And since CASH has been shoved down my throat for a year and a half now, I actually don't "hate" them, but find them utterly annoying and contrived. I usually FF through their scenes, especially the recent baby-talk ones. :angry: They are both sanctimonious and holier-than-thou and it gets on my nerves.

The thing that really bothers me about these two, is that it's obvious that EW/DK are trying to "sell" them as the Pilars of Hope and Virtue for everyone in Springfield. This is a couple that started out adulterous - and Cassie sleeping with her sister's husband when Reva was going through cancer treatment! Since then, EW/DK have worked to systematically remove every enemy that Cassie has ever had (Dinah, Beth, etc), all to show how everyone "loves" her. UGH.

And this couple is the ONLY one in Springfield that is able to overcome every obstacle thrown at them. When Josh had his prison-romp with Reva, did that break them up? NOPE. And that has caused every other couple to call it quits: Harley/Gus, Dinah/Mallet, etc. They are the only couple that can talk things out and work together to solve their problems. Why?

It just bugs me.

Yesterday's show was pretty good, IMO. I hope that Griggs isn't dead, cuz Darnell Williams (is that the actor's name) is an excellent actor. This character could have come across as a cartoon villian, but he really worked to make him more believable.

I like the friendly bantor between Harley and Cyrus, but I hope that TPTB aren't setting up a romantic tryst for them.

And Marina has been more enjoyable to me lately; her scenes with Alex were good yesterday too.

Archived