Cali: Wildfires Prompt State Of Emergency In 7 Counties

JackPeyton

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ this isn't a first in CA, and it won't be the last. For the most part insurance companies and all of that dealt with things fairly swiftly in 2003. So we can hope that this time will be better and more efficient. So far, everything has been handled even better then it was in 2003. I think for once the CA government hasn't talked out its ass. Hopefully long term efforts will stay this way, and things can really start moving before all the finger pointing starts.

• Members

Well, I wouldn't have doubted a decent response from the insurance companies, because we're mainly talking about well to do white families. But since it's the biggest fire in one of the country's most expensive real estate markets, I still anticipate some issues. Time will tell.

• Members

^why does this have to turn into a race issue? And no, we're not. Go find some pictures of the people who are staying at Qualcomm and you'll see you wide variety of races. Malibu is different, but still. LOL, this is LA and San Diego Counties, the idea it's predomitenaly white is absurd. Especially in the more rural parts that have burnt down, and the mountians. Some of the areas hit in Malibu and San Diego were upper middle class, but the rest is just your basic everyday working class family home.

Where are these ideas coming from, because it's California? White is a minority in California, especially So. Cal.

Archived