Cali: Wildfires Prompt State Of Emergency In 7 Counties

JackPeyton

• Members

I wasn't aware that it became that. I don't see the point of objections because race enters the discourse either. I'm not the only one who's going to measure the response after Katrina to this tragedy. If you want to be offended, look to Glenn Beck, who used his platform on CNN to suggest that liberal Californians deserved this.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

please. in no way can this be a race issue at all and this is why... we are talking about fires in San Berndo, Riverside, LA & San Diego countys. does anyone think the majority are upper class white people? srsly? Malibu sure.. but heels im a upper class spoiled whi\te boy and cant afford malibu. aside from the fact there there are many races affected by this, not just one or one main race, this is also California, not Louisana we are talking about. Im sure there are vast diff between the two states.

I do on one hand feel for the poeple with no housing insurance and that lost it all. However, on the other hand i kinda feel like come on. you know you should have had it.

another fire just started. in Tmecula. I was on the freeway right when it happend. i saw it start up and all. I will post pix later.

• Members

California is a completely different state, and that's not because of race. CA's economy alone is more then that of some small countries. CA is the 5th (might be less now, but still Top 10) largest economy in the entire world. World, not nation. And we just had massive reforms put into place after 2003, when the same thing happened. Our government here, actually listened and did what they were asked. We'll see how good it holds up, but for now, it's working.

FEMA just had a complete over haul, etc. Lesson have been learned from Katrina. The response to this is not because of race, which is absurd becaue if you look at the demographics of So. Cal and the areas hit, there's so much variety that it's almost impossible to believe. Aside from Malibu, and even some people there, these homes and lives lost were of your average, working class person, of any race.

How can racism and all this stuff ever stop if everything comes down to skin color?

I think race is the least of all factors in this response, but what do I know, I'm just a liberal...erm not so much, Californian.

Archived