Samantha Who?: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair, it had lead-in with 20 mio. viewers: DWTS...

I really liked the pilot: this is first new comedy I'm watching since, well, Will&Grace actually and I liked a lot. Jean Smart, Christina Applegate, even the Camden dude of 7th Heaven-ill-fame was pretty good.

That kissing scene of Sam & friend was hilarious as were all those poeple behaving like she were deaf when hearing Sam doesn't remember anything. LOL!

Sam: Did we have a fight?

Mom: I don't recall...

Sam: I have amnesia - you're just lying. :lol:

• Members
According to TVGuide.com, Samantha Who? debuted with 15 million viewers. Thats incredible. :)

Yay!!!! :D I watched this show the other night and thought it was freakin' hilarious! So glad that a lot of viewers tuned into it.

• Members

I love Christina Applegate and she really has matured into quite an actress. I thought this was going to be a flop like Emily's Reasons to Why Not... but it was so much better! The writing was funny, it has a nice little mystery element to it, and a very talented cast. Love Jean Smart as her nutty mom.

• Members

Yes, I LOVED this show. About time ABC puts a comedy on that's enjoyable to watch and doesn't have some silly plot like Caveman or Carpoolers or any of the other ones they tried to dish out in the past 2 years or so. (Though Big Day and Notes from the Underbelly were good shows.)

Christina Applegate was excellent in it, and I loved seeing Barry Watson too. (Makes me think of What About Brian, lol. :( )

I loved the scene when she was at the AA meeting & the little dress (oh my god, do i have a little girl?). I'm so glad it did well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Community Posts

• Tom King did a relatively good job writing for Lemay's existing characters.  But King's new characters were terribly ill conceived, and his writing for them was awful.  Had King been smart, he would not have written-off so may of Lemay's characters.  King eventually dedicated at least one fourth of the cast to badly written crime drama, which did not fit the style of Another World.  All soaps occasionally do crime plots, but King over-did it, plus the plots were not compelling.  And for some reason, the next two or three head-writers continued with the bad crime stuff.  
    • Oh, how I laughed at that.   You're not. Some people have been saying the same. And Twitter definitely has been arguing that very point along with the potential return of Mary to SLC given she skipped the second season reunion. It sets a standard and people are going to wonder...especially the housewives themselves.   Perhaps he will ask on that one on one. Please register in order to view this content
    • We can also add Amelia Heinle (Victoria, Y&R; Steffi, Loving/The City), who acted with Debbi and Darnell on both soaps. Billy Miller/Jeff Branson/Elizabeth Hendrickson/Eden Riegel (Richie/Jonathan/Maggie/Bianca, AMC; Billy/Ronan/Chloe/Heather, Y&R) You can swap out Eden for Melissa Claire Egan (Annie, AMC; Chelsea, Y&R). They almost overlapped as well. I suppose Debbi and Darnell overlapped with most of them on both shows. 
    • A couple of thoughts on today's episode: 1. The whole BLQ scene seemed like a rerun of Friday's episode.  I know soaps like to repeat scenes so that viewers can keep up with the story, but I actually had to check the date to see if I wasn't watching the prior show. 2.  Liz exiting the scene with Finn to go to the wedding rehearsal was amusing.  First because it was like she was saying 'I am going to turn myself into the police, but first I must go to this rehearsal for a wedding that I'm not going to be able to attend if I'm arrested.'  And second, why are they still having the rehearsal an hour after Britt's memorial service?  Talk about day-to-night, how does one figure out what to wear for a day when they're going from work to a funeral to a wedding rehearsal? 3.  Laura still blames herself for not being around to raise to Nikolas?   He's been in Port Charles since 1996, 27 years, more than half his life.  She's had plenty of time to be a good influence since then...
    • Please register in order to view this content

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy