GH Relax & Relapse: Week 1 - Clink Boom!

• Members

Ok, as pisses as I am that they've mvoed the DAYS marathon, it's such a treat to see 'classic' episodes of GH. In the first few minutes of the first episode, we saw Ned, Lois (real Lois), Dara, Justus, Katharine, Luke, Laura, Sonny, Lily, Jax & Brenda.

Everything from the lighting to the dialog is just so much better. Smart move SOAPnet/ABC, remind longtime GH fans of how great the show was, and how much it sucks now!

:D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! I was in heaven watching the first episode! GH will never be that great again, will it? :(

There used to be so much heart in this show, such a contrast to what it is today. Also, you can clearly see the differences between the Wendy Riche/Guza vision and the JFP/Guza vision when looking at these two episodes.

The scheduling sucks for Days fans, but I'm so glad we get to see episodes from GH at its prime again.

• Members

This is a good thing but did they really have to completely screw up their weekend schedule? Its one big clusterf-ck and they moved and shuffled everything and I dont know when things air now.

As for this Relax and Relpase thing, I didnt realize it was an ongoing thing. I wish tehy'd do this for AMC or OLTL bc these are the same episodes that always get rerun on SN. And what the heck does Brenda have to do with GH today? They pimp the hell out of her. Speaking of her, I hated that bitch during this return. She was my favorite GH character and Guza destroyed and ruined her for me. I wanted Skye and Carly to beat her smug, selfish, interfering azz down

And one more thing, Steve Burton looked so much smaller and more natural in the second episode and it was only a few years ago. The change is drastic. His body figure looked so much better then. He's too big now

• Members

As I said in another thread, it's so easy to spot the differences between the Wendy Riche/Guza relationship and the JFP/Guza relationship, by judging these two episodes. Riche and Guza's GH has a bigger sense of heart, community interaction, humor, and love. JFP and Guza share the same creative vision, which is why their GH is so dark and isolated. It's so easy to spot how and why Riche and Guza didn't get along.

I have to hand it to Riche with the mob stuff too. She never made the mob the whole damn show, like it is now. It was just one of the many layers of GH. Unlike Frons/JFP/Guza's interpretation, where it's basically the majority of the show.

• Administrator

It's pretty clear now that it was Riche who had all of that.

She needs to come back to GH and save it from the crap we're watching now.

I'm very sorry that I used to call her Wendella. I blamed the wrong person. Sorry, Wendy!! :(

Archived