ATWT: Are they really treating Luke and Noah the same

• Members

I'm all for having longer Nuke kisses (Hell, I'd take Kack over the horrendous duo of Creg, but thats another story).

The fact of the matter is I'm just happy to see a normal gay couple on my soap at all. But I'm also a realist and know that TPTB are probably gaging the audience reaction to it before showing the kisses in longer segments. It's just the way it is. I hate it, but it's a fact.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, I'd call it hypocrisy if they just had Nuke on during the start of the storyline, only to drop them in the background without doing anything for them in terms of story. But they are getting a new frontburner storyline just like the heterosexual couples, and I think it's refreshing. Having a longer kiss on my television screen won't change my respect for ATWT for doing what the other soaps haven't done for gay men.

• Members

I agree with you I also have alot of respect for them doing this storyline at all, I guess this just sort of ticked me off somewhat, I mean why even tape something so sweet and nice like that, and then cut 95% of it out, I could totally understand if they had not taped that scene to begin with, but it was taped and then cut after the fact, that is what got to me, I had no problem with the kiss we saw until I saw that it was much longer to begin with. Well I guess in the future I hope they show longer ones :)

• Members

Believe me, theyre smokin' when they kiss. Its wierd cuz they're so adorable. You feel a sense of "awww" and "oh baby" at the same time. :lol:

They should rethink the editing though. And if they do keep the kisses short and sweet, for the love of everything holy, spare us seemingly endless scenes of Creg going at it. :wacko:

• Members

I haven't been really watching ATWT on a regular basis anymore with school in session, but the times I do get to watch, NUKE are usually on. And I have to say that I'm surprised by the way they are handling the storyline. It's not your usual homosexual soap story. No one is getting bashed or attacked for their sexuality (aside from Noah's father's hatred). Instead, we have a guy that has kept this secret his entire life, and he has finally found another guy that brought it out of him. Sure, it's not your usual heterosexual couple where they're kissing and being all loving in every scene, but at least we got a kiss. Had this been a few years ago, we would barely get hugs.

• Members

Uh, guys...this is hardly the first time scenes have been edited, toned down, or just chopped out of the program for one reason or another. Sometimes, if you read the official CBS recaps, you'll read about a scene that never even aired. One famous example was during Margo's liver transplant, we were supposed to see Tom have a breakdown. Just a few weeks ago, there was supposed to be a scene of the tweens at a fair, and all we saw was Faith coming home from the fair, and Lily and Holden telling her Paul had "died". And then there's the Mike/Molly orgasm scene that was too hot to air, but got a huge write up in SOW.

Granted, I don't understand why some repetitive crap (lots in the Creg/PRo story....) isn't first on the chopping block, but sometimes it's not always a conspiracy.

Archived