Another Vet Leaves GH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish it was written in too. Just like with AMC and Brooke--couldn't we have gotten one goodbye scene or even a lame excuse like sshe was going away for a bit to work on a foreign news team? it's bad enough when a new character that's not clicking is written out with noe xit scene or explanation but when it's someone we've watched for 20 years?

• Members

What really irks me is when longtime actors don't get a proper sendoff. If a vet leaves, do it with class, so they get a chance to say goodbye to the audience, and maybe more importantly, the audience gets to say goodbye to them. Probably the worst cases were Julia Barr on AMC and Larry Bryggman on ATWT.

• Members

Not surprised. When Steve died, I figured Audrey would eventually fade into the woodwork of the show. It's a shame, of course, GH hasn't used her much for some time; but, better to see her not at all, than to see her even one day propping up Sonny and/or Jason.

• Members

It was actually Gloria Monty, way back in 1984, that first cut Rachel, John Beradino and Emily McLaughlin's contracts. They were given guaranteed contracts of no more than 20 episodes per year. Thus began the downhill amount of appearances. I remember at the time Rachel thought hard about whether to stay or go and she decided to accept that offer and the number of appearances declined steadily. This was long before JFP. REalistically, she has been recurring since 1984.

By the way, I recently got a note from Rachel stating that she has retired. I got the impression that she made the choice to no longer appear on GH and didn't inform them before making the decision so that they could write a farewell.

Archived