September 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW for the big ratings at "Young and the Restless".

The fall of "Days" is really helping "Guiding Light" I see.

It's so stupid of "DAYS" not to immediately build a big story around

Marlena Evans.

With Stefano back, they have every opporunity to

do so. Then again with Hogan writing it, it probably wouldn't be all

that sensational.

This show also needs to recapture its femininity quick! It just doesn't

appeal to young girls and women the way that it should be.

• Members

Credit to LSkreet:

I wanted to compare the current ratings to last year's number (in bold) which is in the parantheses after the number that reflect the change from last week's ratings. Obviously the trend on CBS soaps is down across the board from last year's ratings with GL and Y&R having the smallest decrease. At this time with the same time last year, GL's ratings is going to reflect a decrease now due to the build-up of last year's storylines of Reva's cancer and Lizzie/Jonathan/Tammy triangle. IMO, the arrival of Bill and Edmund will help the ratings overall along with new couplings of Cyrus/Marina, Jeffrey/Reva and Ashlee/Coop. GL for the past couple of years have centralized and dominated the show around Reva/Jonathan/Tammy so it's a huge transition for the show to gain some traction in the ratings. I am thoroughly enjoying the show with the utilization of most of the cast in different storylines even though I do miss Jonathan and Tammy. (Talk about a hangover...lol).

ABC's GH is the only soap that posted increase and OLTL remained the same. NBC's DAYS has suffered the most which has lost 3/4 of the full rating points from last year with CBS's B&B not too far behind.

Ratings for the week of Sept. 17-21, 2007

1 Y&R 4.1 (+.1/-.2)

2 B&B 2.8 (same/-.4)

3 GH 2.6 (+.1/+.1)

4 OLTL 2.4 (+.1/same)

5 ATWT 2.2 (same/-.3)

5 AMC 2.2 (same/-.3)

7 GL 1.9 (-.1/-.2)

8 DOOL 1.8 (-.1/-.7)

• Members

It looks like we're seeing the last days of 'Days'. At this point, the show could deliver consistent Emmy-worth material, and it won't get out of its position as the lowest rated soap. The show has been eroding for the past year consistently, the loss of Passions has had an effect on Days, and the time-slot changes didn't help either.

No more excuses! If GL, a show that doesn't air in all markets and has the most inconsistent time-slots across the country can beat Days, then Days is really finished. The damage seems to be done at this point, only a miracle will be able to resurrect this show.

Glad to see most soaps rise or stay the same though.

• Members

Interesting...

Here's a DAYS question--it seems that as the ratings have gone down, there always seems to be the "if they would show ________ on the show the ratings would go up..."

Is there an answer to that statement that actually has shown a jump in the ratings? I know the fans all think their favorites will bring it up, but is DAYS more of a lost cause?

• Members

Kind of depressing numbers for ATWT, when I thought that was the best overall week we've had in ages. (I do take a little satisfaction that the sugary Kack wedding on Friday actually had a small dip though... :D) I guess I just have to hope they can string some good weeks together and gather some momentum.

• Members

Honestly, I think its time for the excuses to stop, Days has been in SEVERE ratings trouble for about a year now. The damage is already done, and I bet at this point if the vets were front and center, the show still wouldn't budge. This is not a good position for the show to be in, seeing that November sweeps is just around the corner and instead of building, the show is doing nothing but declinging.

Days had failed EVERY sweeps period this year and you don't lose 800,000 viewers just because of one issue. With the Olympics coming up next summer on NBC and Days being put on hiatus at that point, it really makes you wonder just how well Days will survive ratings-wise after that. No network will want to pick this show up when NBC cancels it, all they have to do is look at its current state and laugh.

• Members

I can't believe DAYS is last for the second week in a row.... It was only 10 years ago that DAYS was ALWAYS third in the ratings, and that was when there were 11 soaps

They need someone to come in like JER did in 1992 and do something revolutionary to get people talking about the show again. And I hate to say this prematurely, but it would appear that CBS is seeing some recovery after a rough year.

• Members

It is painful to see that DAYS has lost .7 from last year!

Go OLTL, OLTL has been kicking butt and I am happy that it is at least averaging above par compared to the other soaps and is on level with last year when many soaps are down.

It sucks for DAYS but I guess it is not worth debating since the end seems to be near you can almost taste it.

• Members

Like everyone else has said, this is really just sad about DAYS. And I truly do think part of the problem is the show is dominated by the over 50 male set, and the early 20 female set. Where are characters in their thirties? I don't think the focus on Sami, Lucas, EJ is the problem; the problem is that they have lost site of who Sami is; she SHOULD be like Carly on ATWT or Vicky on AW, a scheming bitch with a heart, who you root for. But they need to put Kristian and Dee front and center, add some much needed romance PRONTO, and create an explosive event that will make people watch. Bomb the entire town of Salem if you have to, but damm well make sure the story will be there afterwards. That is what JER was able to do the first time when he wrote for the show. But, either way, Hogan has been given a year, and it hasn't worked, he needs to be replaced.

• Members

I totally agree. I just don't get it! There are people whose lives and professions are Days of our Lives and they can't see what everyone else can.

I want desperately to be able to watch this show, but I can't. Apparently Roman was buried alive last week, and I tuned in for two days straight and had no idea.

Who does that?

How does that happen?

The storylines are dreadful, and the ones that are decents skip numerous beats that make them worthless.

They are getting the number they deserve for the material they're airing.

Archived