September 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Members

I think at that time, the vets were featured more heavily than they are now. The teens that were on at that time were all over the place, but lord were they easier to swaller than the younger set we have now, IMO. Langan's time was awfully boring and stale for my taste, but looking back on it in comparison, it is eons more recognizable than the show i'm looking at now. I actually felt more of an incentive to watch back then. Marlena, John, the *penthouse*, Hope, Bo...it just needed to be written much better than it was, but the foundation was definitely there. With that said, I hate seeing DAYS freefall this way. Kudos to ATWT for holding steady, though. Now, that show is seriously on FIYAH right now

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the millionth time, it's the Santeen story that is killing Days. Sami was not the character to base the life of Days with. She was even strongly hated by many and this story has made it worse. My age group hit a new low (or tied I forgot) and I can tell you, I'm barely hanging in there. All that's saving it is Philip's son, Stephanie and Jeremy and Nick with the boys. The rest is absurd. Oh, but I have to give credit to the excellent Stefano, Tony/Andre and Anna when she is allow to be on screen.

• Members

Sami has been leading story for years. The only difference now is it sticks out more with the backburnering of the big 4 and the fact she is part of such a historically relevant story with the Brady/Dimera feud. TTS was the story that had the lowest daily ratings figures all summer so as many people that complained about the letter reading with the vets and all, those episodes got decent daily numbers for the most part. TTS killed the show this summer and the numbers back that up.

In regards to ratings, Days was not very good last week with the exception of the early part of the week so this is one week that I can see why they went down. I am just going to be optimistic and hope for the best. The show is better then it's been in ages and I can't wait to see what else Ed Scott brings to the table. I am not going to let this stop me from enjoying my show. All that matters is the here and now and I will worry about the future when it comes. If Passions can get picked up, so can Days. I just want to enjoy my show and not worry about ratings and what not. There is still hope and there is still time but I just want to sit back and enjoy the ride. That is all I will focus on right now.

• Members

Thank you for writing this. I am 33 and this sums up exactly the way I feel.

I don't think it is a case of misty water-colored memories, either. In recent months I have stumbled upon old Santa Barbara episodes (probably my favorite soap of all time), old Love of Life episodes (before my time, but I was curious to see what it was like), Gloria Monty's GH episodes, etc. I even revisited some old Steve & Kayla shows from 1987 Days. I had goosebumps re-watching them. There is no denying it -- the shows WERE written better, the actors sold it, there was romance and intrigue. No fancy sets, no outdoor locales. Production-wise, it all looked so simple. And yet it seemed fresher and more exciting than some of the lazy writing we see today.

• Members

Predictions: September 17-21, 2007

1. Y&R 5,540,000

2. B&B 3,565,000

3. GH 3,470,000

4. OLTL 3,015,000

5. ATWT 2,995,000

6. AMC 2,870,000

7. GL 2,595,000

8. DAYS 2,565,000

HH

1. Y&R 4.0

2. B&B 2.8

3. GH 2.6

4. OLTL 2.3

5. ATWT 2.2

5. AMC 2.2

7. GL 2.0

8. DAYS 1.9

AMC

Monday: 2.4

ATWT

Monday: 2.3

B&B

Monday: 2.9

DAYS

Monday: 2.0

GH

Monday: 2.7

GL

Monday: 2.0

OLTL

Monday: 2.5

Y&R

Monday: 4.3

• Members

I am really surprised that ATWT did not go up this week! I think the show is starting to hit on all cylinders, so maybe it will take a while for the ratings to catch up. There is a surprising lack of chemistry in the Rosanna/Craig/Meg/Paul interactions - seems like something is missing. I think the reunion of Paul and Rosanna has seemed a bit hollow. It is also a shame that the murder mystery was played out so quickly. The connection between Noah, his father and the madam wasn't played out - it was just kind of thrown in there out of nowhere.

I am not a OLTL viewer, but I have checked it out a few times over the past couple weeks out of curiosity. Not bad, direct competition for ATWT but the show seems to have really good balance to it - I like its sets too.

• Members

Yeah I know I do...I seriously don't see what is so horrible about some of the shows that people complain about nowadays...

To me most of the soaps are entertaining and provide great material for me to watch day to day in different formats. Plus they do manage to look different from one another.

As for Days I feel bad for the show. I really don't want it to be cancelled but there seems to be no glimer of hope. Anyways last week was pretty good in my opinion and I'm looking forward to the Ejami stuff next week. Should be intense.

• Members

ATWT might not have gone up in HH's but total viewers are now up for 3 weeks straight, which is a good thing, plus the daily numbers are very good without dropping below a 2.2 in over 2 weeks now. :) The show has gained alot more than people think it has just by going by the daily numbers, Friday for example looks to be about 500,000 higher viewers than it was a month ago, the same with some of the other days.

In the meantime notice how the Kack wedding was the lowest in total viewers for the week

• Members

I kind of think that this is what the ratings will be like for the next year or two. The only thing that has changed is a decline in DAYS and the cancellation of PAS. All of the soaps seem to have maintained the same ratings for the past week or two. These ratings are depressing. I can remember 3 years ago when the numbers were a bit higher and people were still complaining about them and now this! For once I'm rooting for all soaps to rise. Daytime dramas are like one big team because the genre is slowly fading away.

Archived