ATWT: Austin Peck

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't speak to his DAYS role, but he's grown on me since his debut on ATWT. I think given the type of role Brad is, he can be a valuable addition to ATWT. Compared to some model-turned-actors coughMarkCollierPeytonListElenaGoodecough, who haven't been able to do a range of emotion (IMO), he's successfully shown me a few sides of Brad's character.

But ask me again in six months, after he's been screwing Katie all over Oakdale, and her man-puppet. I might not like him then. This past six months or so Jack's spent with Katie has tested my patience with him...

• Members

I think the past couple of months Brad has been written as a likeable guy. Most of the characters on ATWT are written so you have a hard time rooting for them. In some cases, entire stories are filled with characters I can't stand.

I still think he's one of, if not the weakest actor on contract though.

• Members
I'm so with you! I've been thinking about this for quite a while now. I think the character Brad suits him better then DAYS-Austin. He gets to act out on his goofy side more.

Btw P.J. If Brad ends up "screwing Katie all over Oakdale", it's not really Austin's faulth. He might still be a great choice for this character even if Brad acts like a dumba$$. To different things really. :)

• Members

True...but the storyline affects how we see characters. I don't like Brad because of his stuff with Katie (he's already stopped snarking at her and become the wuss who "wants her to be happy, even with Jack.."), I like him now because he's truly Carly's friend.

• Members

Peck or no Peck, I'm annoyed at the way Brad became Jack's younger brother all of a sudden. There's no way on Earth Lucinda would have taken a second look at the character in this incarnation. At a time when she and Barbara could have used a love interest (perhaps in the same man), they chose to turn back time so that when TPTB finish propping Katie with Jack, they can prop her with Brad. Peck and the writers have made him come off as a total doofus, though. How would this person really have gotten a job in broadcasting? I guess I should ask that of half The View's panel.

• Members
Of course, but that's not what I said though. Yes, the storyline and character goes together. But the actor can still portray his/her character in a good way despite what's going on with the SL and how the character is acting at the moment. If a character is annoying doesn't mean the actor is bad.

An example:

I hated Chelsea (DAYS) at first. She was annoying, mean and selfish to say the least. But I could still recognize Rachel Melvin as a good young actress.

• Members

>> Peck or no Peck, I'm annoyed at the way Brad became Jack's younger brother all of a sudden.

ICAM. It would've been more forgiving if Peck had come aboard as a new character who, through a series of plot twists, learns he is Brad and Jack's long-lost, younger brother. I mean, it's not as if Delores couldn't have had a child out of wedlock by another man, you know?

• Members

I'm actually liking him now. Didn't care for Austin very much but Brad is the only Snyder boy I can stand lately. Holden and Jack think way too much of themselves lately and think they are always right and can do no wrong. Plus it also helps that he has taken such good care of Carly that I couldn't hate him right now. But as others have said, ask me again in a few months after Katie ruins him the same way she ruined Jack...

• Members

Sorry, I'm not usually wired that way. I will excuse established characters/actors for being in a bad story (ex, CZP's Barbara...) but I'm not inclined to give a marginal recast the time of day if I dislike the story. Example, Dusty and Meg. At times I've thought both these actors were good, but once they hit stories I didn't like, they lost me, and now I can't really stand either of them. I'm kind of sure once Brad gets hooked up with Katie, he'll be in stupid stories with no depth, and I won't see anything in that performance to draw me in.

I'm probably the only person on the planet that doesn't really see anything "hot" in Austin..shirt-on or shirt-off. I though he looked horrible and kind of soft around the middle when he first came on, but at least he cut his hair.

• Members

I am loving AP as Brad. I think he is a much better actor on this show than Days... but then i think a lot of days actors would be better once on another show. lol.

I dont like any storyline they ahve given Brad, mostly cuz he is only there to pimp Carly and Jack. but whatev. I do wish he would get his own storyline. or even be in a storyline away from carly. But then again i always want everyone away from carly.

Archived