OLTL: Casting news and uncasting rumor

• Members

Saw this in the Oct. 2nd SOD's "Grapevine" section

OLTL fans can expect one leading lady to get her walking papers, while there is online speculation that a female fan fave will exit at the end of her contract.

In other OLTL news, the show is casting drag queens for an upcoming even, but don't expect it to be a Zarf/Zoe storyline-ala AMC-to come out of it. "This is not a drag-queen storyline", Ron Carlavatti says, "they are supporting players in a big story"

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Melissa Gallo is not a female fan favorite. Archer still has some left on her contract. I believe she has at least anohter two years on contract. Bree's contract is expiring very shortly which is sad because with the new story they will have to re-cast if she departs. I hope ABC daytime can keep Bree but she is 26 years old and young and wanting to explore other opportunities. Maybe ABC can give her a Kelly Monaco contract. Bree might be open to a short term contract with options to do other things. What she will not do is sign a straight another five year contract. That is asking too much. Isn't that ridiculous to tell Bree either sign another five years or that is it?

• Members

Considering ABC did the same thing to Renee Goldsberry (they offered her a standard contract, she wanted two years) it's ridiculous but not unheard of, especially by someone like Fons. If he deems her valuable enough I'm sure they could reach something where both parties will be happy.

• Members

Melissa Gallo leaving is no big loss for the show. She is a mediocre actress at best and maybe what the character needs is a re-cast. Bree though is a big loss but understand her needs to do other things. Bree has the IT FACTOR. She can be cute, sexy, sweet, has chemistry with almost all the actors she works with and has a certain spark about her. I know OLTL will re-cast if she departs but I wish Bree nothing but the best. She has to do what is best for her and I am sure if ever wanted to return to daytime in a few years she would have a few options.

Archived