Britney Spears To Lose Her Children...

Ryan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the best possible outcome if you ask me. Maybe it ill give Brit the wake up call she so desperately needs. If it doesn't... well then nothing will. She should cancel the promotion for this upcoming studio CD, clean up her act and be a good mother to those two children before she should even think of going into the studio again. Its obvious she ain't ready.

• Members

I have sympathy for her....mainly because I was in the same situation that her children are in right now

My mother hit rock bottom too; so far rock bottom that she left me alone for my grandmother to return to care for me.

I don't wish anything bad on Britney, because she truly needs help.

Her children may be in the best place for now; and that's the main thing. I just hope that Britney can get whatever help she needs...a large part of me thinks she's afraid.

• Members

The only thing that I feel bad about is that fact that it's gotten this far with her. She has obvisouly needed help for quite some time and has either fought it all the way, or not been willing to get it. I also have to question the people around her to not have had someone there to make her see that she's not okay. Those kids should be the reason she's functioing right now, not a prop to make her look like she's okay. It's about time that something be done to her that makes her face the reality of her situation. Nothing has worked yet. Maybe having her boys taken from her will force her to see what a mess she is right now.

• Members

I don't think I can say anything else that's not already been said here. One thing though. Tishy you really nailed it. Great posts.

And Ryan, I understand you're a fan of Britney's yes? Sometimes people can go blind when it comes to their favorite celebs' faults and mistakes. So I think it's great to see a fan being reasonable like you are here when you commented on Tishy's post. It's just nice to see that's all. :)

• Members

Hey Cheyenne,

Yeah, I've been a fan of Britney's going back to the MMC days. I think the definition of a true fan is someone who can accept not only their admiral qualities, but their faults as well. I do understand how some can believe people are ganging up on her because there are some who have been as of late.

The fact of the matter is, Britney's life is chaotic right now. She's in desperate need of help and unfortunately she's not letting people do that. If her actions are possibly endangering her children, then they don't need to be with her. As Tishy said, there are plenty of people who would kill to have children. Britney needs to get her life together not only for herself, but for her children. She needs to gain strength from the love of her children and get her life back in order.

I myself have bashed Kevin to hell and back, because I never thought he was good for Britney. But no matter how much I have disliked him, no one can take away from him that he loves his children and does what's best for them. Shar has attested to that on many occasion. The judge is making it possible for Britney to get help, but she can't force her to do it. If Britney wants her children, she's going to have to go through whatever it is the judge orders.

As a fan, I pray that she overcomes her trials and tribulations and hopes that she can become as good to her children as her mother was to her. As much as I would love to hear a new album from her, I think she needs to focus on getting her life together and being a better mother.

Music careers come and go, but we only have one mother.

• Members

According to People she hasn't lost custody and it's still 50/50

People.com Says Custody Is Still 50/50

A former Britney Spears bodyguard was the much-hyped "secret witness" in her custody battle with Kevin Federline on Monday.

Tony Barretto, 28, was prepared to testify about "issues of nudity by Ms. Spears, drug use and safety issues involving the children" that he witnessed as her bodyguard before she fired him on May 17, says Barretto's attorney, Gloria Allred, who brought him to court. Instead of testifying, his written allegations were entered into court as evidence.

Spears's lawyer, Laura Wasser strongly denied allegations of drug use by Spears. "He isn't a credible witness," said attorney Wasser after a two-hour closed-door hearing on Monday.

The hearing, meanwhile, was the last for Wasser, who stated she's officially stepping aside as Spears's attorney. Spears's new lawyer will be Marci Levine. "Britney will be in excellent hands" with Levine, Wasser said.

"I don't want anyone to perceive that we're dumping Britney," Wasser added. "In a lot of attorney-client relationships, there comes a time when some fresh blood is necessary."

Wasser also confirmed that Spears and Federline's current 50-50 custody arrangement for Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, will remain in effect for now.

Federline, 29, is seeking primary physical custody of the couple's two children.

Sources close to Federline have repeatedly denied that the former backup dancer is motivated by money, though the more custody time he has with the kids, the more child support payments he could receive.

Court documents released Aug. 30 show that Spears's income is $737,868 a month, while Federline has no "net income after business expenses," and his spousal support of $20,000 a month ends in November.

According to Wasser, many of the pop star's associates have already been deposed after being issued subpoenas to testify about Spears's parenting skills.

Federline's lawyer, Mark Vicent Kaplan, has stated that his next legal moves depend on what information he gathers against Spears in those depositions.

At the last hearing on Sept. 4, it was revealed that Spears has been cleared of recent complaints to child welfare workers.

Source: People.com

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20057339,00.html

• Members

Also Kevin isn't trying to take the children away from Britney. He just wants more custody he wants a 70/30 time split. He doesn't want Britney to be removed from the children's life and her taken out of their lives. So I doubt Kevin considers Britney a risk. He just wants more custody so he can get more spousal support. IMO. If he truely believed she was a safety risk for those children I can't imagine why he would be vying for a 70/30 custody split. Kevin's spousal support ends in November coicendence I think not.

Spears' also was cleared by child welfare and they dropped the case because they had no evidence that she was a bad parent.

• Members

If he truely believes that Britney is a risk to those children then I can't imagine why he would want her spending anytime with those children. As of right now according to Kevin and his legal party they want a 70/30 custody split with Kevin having the majority. Just a few months ago in July this was all settled in a 50/50 custody split (after Britney was in Rehab, after the divorce, ect.) now all the sudden Kevin wants to change custody? Britney has been cleared of all charges and according to Child Care Services the case against her was dropped because their was no evidence that supported she was a bad parent. Hell even Promises confirmed that there were no drugs in her system when she went to Rehab. Threw court documents.

This all doesn't add up. The only thing that does make sense is money since K. Fed gets cut off in about two months. What's the best way to do that? More custody and more child support payments That's my conclusion and my opinon.

• Members

Well, unfortunately it's not all up to Kevin if he gets full custody or not. He can't just decide he wants full custody, and expect it'll happen. Maybe 70/30 was the best way right now, perhaps that was his best shot of getting the majority %. I have no idea because I'm not that into this whole thing. I don't know all the details of this case. I just know what the tabloids says, which isn't a lot. It's so easy to sit behind a computer thinking you know what's going on, when you really don't. That's all I'm saying.

• Members

Isn't that what basically everyone is doing on this thread? :unsure: Thisi s basically what everyone is doing. Commenting on something we are generally ignorant about. It's just my personal opinon on the situation as told. Just like everyone else's on this thread. Because we really don't have any clue what's going on at all. Just my hypothesis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Personally, I don't think either Britney or Kevin are fit to raise any children right now. If I were the judge, I would temporarily place them with a guardian such as Britney's mom and let each have supervised visitation until both can prove themselves to be capable of raising the children. Britney is obviously a mess and, while I am a big fan of hers, I will admit to when she has f*cked up and it all started downhill for her when she married that piece of trash and let him use her for all she was worth. I dislike Justin Timberlake with a passion but at least he was good to Britney and didn't use her the way that Fed-Ex did. For pretty much the entire marriage, she supported him financially while he barely ever worked and maybe recorded a couple of crap songs and that is it. Does Kevin even have a job or is he STILL milking off of Britney's hard earned fortune? Of course he wants more custody since he would rake in the big bucks through spousal support which he may not even end up using for the children's sake.

Both Britney and Kevin are irresponsible right now and neither one should be raising the children at this time. I say let them stay with grandma Lynn Spears or someone else in the family and then once Kevin gets a job and STAYS there and Brit cleans herself up, then they can have the children.

Archived