Days: Promo for three months!

• Members

During Days today (9/17), they showed a complete Fall preview: September, Andre attacking Roman and Steve. October, Sami gives birth. November, two people get married (and they show Shawn, Philip, Belle, Lucas, Sami and EJ)

It was a pretty long promo, which is hopeful for NBC believing in the show...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They did these alot under JER's second run. I think they work great and I think NBC could really show their support if they aired this in primetime.

I figured they would start showing promos during Days and that they wouldn't show them until Monday's with Passions gone. Passions always began showing theirs on Mondays so I expected Days to go this route too.

The promo itself looks good. I am glad they did this but wish they showed more vet-related stuff. While I know they will be featured based on what I read, the fans who are disillusioned will see this as more of the same people being featured. It's good to know we have some big events coming.

I am guessing the wedding is Sami/EJ and that Belle and Shawn won't make it there quite yet. We'll see but at least that means they are doing something big for sweeps for sure. No matter who is the bride it will be the second straight sweeps month with one of Marlena's daughters getting married. If it's Sami, she will have two consecutive sweeps months weddings. Has that ever been done before? :lol:

Sami is going to be the daytime wedding queen when it's all said and done if this keeps up.

• Members

You would think they would want to promote it during a primetime show especially ones that could appeal to a same demo. Play it during biggest loser...cause if people like Ali as the host they might check out what else she does. Even if they shortened it up and played it at other times but they just don't seem to care enough.

• Members

I can't get excited about more of the same old stuff. Another stabbing that leads to nothing? Another wedding or attempt at one for Sami. I would be more interested in a possible Shelle/Phelle wedding than seeing Sami in another wedding dress. I am dreading watching Sami have her babies. It all just sounds like a continuation of the Sami show.

• Members

I agree, Phoenix... and I'll take it one step further. We got a *lot* of hints in the gossip columns a few weeks ago about things that were happening the first two weeks of October (that were in script and taped). And lately, in the past week? NOthing. Not a word.

Now, unless you write a school shooting for sweeps and it unfortunately coincides with a real school shooting, it's nearly impossible to throw out what's already written and taped and start from scratch. I have a very strong feeling that we're in for a very vet-heavy October. I'm saying it on the record now. I think Days (like Passions in the last few weeks) is working overtime to keep things as un-leaked and un-spoiled as possible. People will doubt me and posters will call me naive... but mark my words. I'm convinced there's a lot more happening next month than just the birth of the twins. And I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong.

• Members

Your definitely right and there have been rumors of re-writes. I think we are seeing minimal changes as far as balance goes right now with the last 3 episodes. I think this month is kind of like a transition month and October will be more indicative of how screentime will be divided under Ed Scott. The man is smart and I am confident he will see that what we saw the last 3 episodes is the way to go.

I also noticed the spoilers have become less detailed and the promos are even more gripping without giving away major aspects of things. The day ahead previews no longer spoil big twists and turns and I think we will see more of that.

• Members

I don´t know. The show has still the same writer. And from all we hear, Sheffer and Scott are actually pretty onboard regards the future of the show. Wyman and all his people are gone, but there´s no word about writers change. So, unless there was a big power struggle between Sheffer, Wyman and possibly Corday and Wyman was the one who wanted less vets and more teens, I don´t see any change coming. After all Sheffer said this is the story he wanted to tell.

• Members

There hasn't been news because the set has been dark for the past 2 weeks. They haven't taped beyond the first week of October.

Scott started in early August so it's unlikely his creative influence would be evident before November. I'm sceptical about substantive changes, though. Hogan is still the source of the stories and he seems quite entrenched in his creative vision. I certainly don't see John/Marlena or Bo/Hope receiving a lead story about them as long as he's HW.

Archived