ATWT: 'Tll Death Do us Part

• Members

I still recall the whole Matie board where it was announced that she was conducting a chat session with the Skatie fans impending the return of Paul a few years back. I recall reading how the Matie fans ripped into her like rabid dogs when she made some comment about giving her loyal fans what they wanted by having the chat session (I believe it was a chat session, but could be wrong).

I think some of these long time soap stars forget who makes them who they are; We can easily turn them off just like they turn our thoughts and views off. They wouldn't be as popular as they are now if there weren't any loyal viewers tuning into them. Terri might want to remember that the next time she sits before an interviewer and starts trashing the folks that consider themselves her fans.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think sadly that is what has happened here. I can understand her frustration because it seems to me that it is very important that people "like" her character. And I'm guessing she thought that Jack and Katie had a real shot as a couple and was probably hoping they would be popular. And for a while people were really wanting Katie with Brad and sadly now many are thinking Brad is too good for her. She can't keep biting the hand that feeds her and expect to get support. I think if she would just embrace Katie's flaws and have fun with that, there would be more support for the character. It's when we keep being told that Katie is a good person and see it very different on screen that it gets hard to enjoy. I think they need to go back to Katie as a fun but flawed character and have some fun with it. The holier than thou Katie just didn't work. Some alone time after she kicks Jack out would be good.

• Members

Is there more to this article? I didnt see anywhere in what was posted that Terri was blaming Carjack fans at all or bashing any of the fans. To me it seemed like she was saying what she thought Katie was thinking... as far as Katie getting back at Carly, I think thats just Terri's impression of Katie.

• Members

What? KMH was watching the storyline and she didn't throw up? Well, at least she understands how the fans feel. I'm still ill over that interview. I'm just totally disgusted, appalled, and hurt.

The thing is I'm not sure why she doesn't see our hatred for Katie stems from her WOAK days. CarJack has nothing to do with the growing hatred for Katie. Which part of the first sentence does Terri not understand? I don't know if she had a bad day or what, but that entire interview was insulting. Then to admit she doesn't read fanmail anymore, that was just worse. I thought that was the one thing an actor should NEVER mention yet she did.

I respect Terri and am grateful for everything's she done for the PL and SKatie fans, but this is one thing I'll never forget. I'm truly disappointed. This makes me wonder if she's admitting her real feelings for a reason. I wonder if she really is leaving the show now.

• Members

^^^it does seem like she's burning her last bridge, doesn't it? I think Teri should back the hells up, and humbly remember Katie was nothing but a peripheral character a lot of people hated until paired with Simon. She can't be that dense, to not realize how Katie's remarks (about having Jack and his kids, how she wants to be the kids' friend after what she did to Carly, how Carly has brought this all on herself and how Katie wouldn't take back anything she did to get back at Simon) would create a backlash, can she? Honestly? Katie IS the bitch who never paid for anything---that's why she's the bitch. Carly has paid for her actions, and she doesn't need to almost die to be redeemed or for anyone to feel sorry for her.

I know some think it's overreacting...but I don't see anything humorous in Teri's remarks. They seem hostile and mean. If I was Maura, I'd be pissed. Teri's coming off as unprofessional, whether she means to or not.

• Members

^^ I agree. I don't think Terri was sarcastic nor funny in that interview. The way the scenes play out onscreen is what riles me up. While Carly is beaten down to a pulp left, right, front, center, and back, Katie lays back and smirks while rolling her eyes. Then Terri wonders why so many of us feel sorry for Carly and loathe Katie even more than the previous minute. That's the reason. Katie is still being written as a snob. She may not have dialogue at times, but the gestures and facial expressions do the talking for her.

Maybe Terri is in denial. I get she's fed up with the writing for Katie. However, it's not our fault. She should voice her unhappiness to the writers. We've done it so many times about the entire show, but they don't listen to us. Some of us care about Katie and that's why we're always complaining. Then, the rest of us are just fed up with the character. If she would sit down and think about it for a minute, everything would be clear.

I'm curious about what happens next. I'm sure she'll get more hate mail than before for this. Well, she doesn't read her mail anymore so I guess that's one way of avoiding the backlash. I think the show will get lots of complaints now. I wonder how they will take care of it (if they are not busy trying to sabotage this show).

• Members

I think she picked up some bad habits from Mark Collier. He of the one-note idiot grin. There's a way to handle negative fan reaction, and it isn't to blame the fans for being biased. It's to act and create sympathy for your character. Let's face it, there's a lot of unlikeable characters who manage to seem human...I didn't think it could be done with Craig anymore, but Scott Bryce managed to do it for me. Gosh, I never thought I'd say Austin Peck was worthy of being on ATWT, given his pedigree, but damn, he's showing me how Brad's grown in the past nine months. Katie's regressed, and part of that is the writing. But part of it is Teri's performance, which doesn't seem to be convincing many that Katie has "matured".

• Members

Wow I didn't know Kelley Hensley felt that way about Kack. That's totally cool ;)

Anyways I don't know why Terri is so bitter towards the CarJack fans(IMO she seems to be). I mean she's complained herself about the writing for Katie, and whatnot. I don't think she realizes that it's NOT just CarJackers that dislike Katie, it's ATWT fans in general(not all, don't want to generalize).

• Members

I feel so sad when I think about the show as a whole nowadays.

Characters being attacked left and right for no reason. One day they're good. The next minute they're bad.

I just hope Terri doesn't let it all get to her. Its just a soap opera. Theres no need for CarJack fans to send her hatemail just cuz her character is with Jack at the moment.

It will be a sad day when they cancel the show.

• Members

I like both Katie AND Kack. I have never understood all the complaints about Katie. She is no worse than anyone else. And she actually makes Jack smile. They've both screwed up many relationships, but seeing them both smiling and happy together is a nice treat IMO. Yes, Jack has great emotional and dramatic scenes with Carly, but we've been there and done that a million times.

Archived