ATWT: 'Tll Death Do us Part

• Members

This week on ATWT, Jack and Katie get ready to walk down the aisle and become man and wife, But as the happy couple prepare to spend an eternity together, Carly discovers that she doesn't have nearly that much time left in her own life. Will she keep quiet or use this tragic event to derail the nuptials? There will be dramatic consequences for Carly in the course of the road toward Jack and Katie's wedding, " promises headwriter JP. " And at the same time, consequences for Jack and Katie because of Carly!"

The Uninvited:

In the weeks leading up to the ceremony, Carly's actions have led Katie to believe that she may just have emerged the victor in the battle for Jack's affections. " She thinks she's won", muses the bride to Be's portrayer TC. " She knows how fed up he is with Carly right now, and it's not attractive, what Carly's been doing, all these little tricks and trying to get his attention. " In Katie's mind, it's made him not want to be with Carly at all," she adds. " Not want to be around her, period. It's been kind of counterproductive if Carly has been wanting to make him fall in love with her again!" Michael Park Jack agrees with his co-stars assessment of the situation. " Katie and Jack were including Carly in everything because of the kids, " he explains. " The shower, the engagement party and everything. At each time, at these events, she tried to pull something. " Whether she meant to or not," he continues, " somethings happened where there was drama involved with Carly. So because of that, she gets dis invited to the wedding." When Jack informs his ex that she will not be welcome at the ceremony, Carly attempts to be a gracious as possible. But later, her world shatters completely when she receives her test results from the doctor and learns that she as a lesion on her brain!

A Matter of trust:

Carly struggles to deal with the devastating news as she discovers that her brain tumor is not only inoperable but fatal, even dismissing the doctor in hope of getting a second opinion. Then she tries to take her mind off her troubles by helping make Sage's dress for the wedding, but Jack and Katie arrive to take the girl to her dance practice. As Jack complains about Carly's typically impulsive behavior, Katie remains worried that despite not being invited, her rival could still try to ruin the big day. " Definitely, its in the back of her mind," TC admits", " but she trusts that Jack won't let her do anything. Plus, they decided together not to invite Carly, so that eases her mind a bit that at least she won't be there. If something happens, it'll be that she shows up uninvited and all hell will break loose!" Still Katie knows that even though Carly won't be at the wedding, with Parker, JJ and Sage involved, their mom will always be a part of it." the actress smiles. " She just thinks that over time, their relationship will diminish as Katie's with Jack grows. Katie's such an optimist that she just doesn't let it get to her"

The Big Day approaches:

It may seem that Jack is rushing to the altar with Katie to avoid complications with Carly, but Park insists that his alter ego does truly care for his fiancee. " He's fully committed to marrying Katie, he declares. " Unfortunately, in soap operas marriage is taken quite lightly. But I really think Jack, with his past, takes marriage very seriously. So of course he's committed to marrying Katie. " Katie was there for him when he needed the pieces of his life picked up and put back together," he adds. " And she has proved to be nothing other than true and honest to Jack." Once upon a time, Katie was known to lie and cheat and scheme to win men, but this time, shes letting Carly play that game. " Because she doesn't need to, " TC says. " She feels like she's won already, so she doesn't have to do anything underhanded."

Tragedy Strikes:

As the final preparations are made at the Snyder Farm, where the ceremony will be held on Friday, Carly confesses her diagnosis to Brad. He wants to call more doctors, but Carly insists that she doesn't want to spoil his brother's wedding day. Receiving a video camera from his kids, Jack uses the gift to commemorate his future with Katie even as a wistful Carly reflects on her past. Through Carly has chosen not to rain on her ex's parade, will Jack discover the truth about her death sentence on his own and call a halt to the ceremony? "What ends up happening is that she is interfering with the wedding without intending to interfere in the wedding," JP previews. " In the beginning, certainly, she doesn't use it, but it happens that way anyway. " It will change things a lot for Jack and Katie, the scribe continues. " Because Jack may turn his back on Carly and be in love with another woman and see Carly and all her flaws very clearly, but he's still connected to Carly in very profound ways. And not just because of the children. This crisis in her life will be a shock of cold water." "Jack knows something is up, but he doesn't know what it is , " Park says of Carly's unusual behavior. " He just wants to have a nice day with his family and his friends and the woman who is going to be his wonderful wife. That's all he wants" But will Carly let him have it?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the thing....If Carly doesn't tell and Jack learns about it after he is married, guilt will definitely set in. Why?

Here's why:

Jack would have last seen Carly passing out and assuming, based on Katie's tattling, that she was faking and causing trouble. When he learns that she was NOT faking, and that she is deathly ill, he will be plagued by all he's said to her; how he said it, and the way he said it.

Katie on the other hand, has double trouble on her hands. From the spoilers that I have read too, Katie very much has developed some feelings for the very man she stated she couldn't stand. Not only is she wanting to be in a happy little marriage to Jack, but she's also got some feelings for his brother; the same brother that is by Carly's side. The second thing for her is also learning that Carly has been keeping her illness from everyone. She's going to first think that Carly did it for an ulterior motive; but then she's going to see something else; she's going to see that Carly could have been doing something noble by giving Jack what he wanted, knowing that she is deathly ill. That's going to tear her up; as well as seeing how Jack and Carly's kids will react to the news.

Katie and Jack both will have some very hard times on their shoulders; and I am sure both of them will be weighed down with some serious guilt.

• Members

Thanks for typing that all up Winterguy! But, I have to tell you, reading thru that whole "ode to Saint Katie" garbage made me want to puke!! At this point, I'm just sick of the whole thing and either marry them or don't marry them, but for the love of god, GET ON WITH IT! This has to be the most disgusting storyline in the history of Jack and Carly and that's saying a lot! :angry:

And, GMAB, Fluffy would NEVER settle for some little down home on the farm wedding in Emma's backyard! It would be the Lakeview Ball Room or nothing for our pampered princess. :rolleyes:

• Members

Thanks Winterguy!

I'm not sure what to make of it all, but I do know this triangle is starting to give me a headache.

SweetNYGal - Are there new spoilers coming out about Katie's possible feelings for Brad?

If Jack and Katie do split up, moving Jack right back into a relationship with Carly wouldn't be that difficult at all. However, moving Katie right into a relationship with Brad would seriously damage her character, IMO. After bringing her so far, I just don't think the writers would go there anytime soon.

• Members

You make some excellent points, but I seriously think you give Fluffy way too much credit. Guilt for Jack? Maybe. But Fluffy? Weighted down with guilt? I doubt it. Think about it. This is even better than she could hope for because now not only does she get Carly's husband, Carly's children, Carly's extended family (The Snyders), she also gets Carly out of her way permanently since she's terminally ill. And remember, for Katie, this has all been about payback for Simon. And what sweeter revenge than to take her enemies whole family, then have her enemy die and be rid of her permanently? Sound mean? Yeah, I know, but this IS Katie "it's all about me, all the time" Peretti we're talking about. <_<

• Members

Oh no, not guilt for Jack...Guilt for the fact that here she has been ranting and raving about how Carly is ruining everything for her; tattling on her every chance she got; only to learn that she wasn't faking at all; that she is truly and seriously sick.

But then again, you could be right. The writers could have Katie not even give a flying f*** about Carly and still demand that Jack just help his children come to terms with it, and get back to making those little "bunnies" with her ;)

• Members

Still Katie knows that even though Carly won't be at the wedding, with Parker, JJ and Sage involved, their mom will always be a part of it." the actress smiles. " She just thinks that over time, their relationship will diminish as Katie's with Jack grows. Katie's such an optimist that she just doesn't let it get to her"

If anyone wants to ask me why I hate Katie...it's craptastic thinking like that. Who the [!@#$%^&*] does that woman think she is, thinking those kids' relationship with THEIR MOTHER will "diminish" because Katie's in Jack's life? There may be room for Katie in their lives, but it doesn't replace what they feel for Carly.

I don't know what to make of the article. Other than it proves Kack are both living in some delusional land of rainbows and rabbits that sing. They both need a dose of reality, and I guess that's what Carly's illness is going to hand them in spades.

I guess I'll just hang my hat on the phrase "Katie thinks she's won..."

• Members

That part really bugged me too! That is one of the big reasons why I can't stand Katie since she always puts herself first. She can't beging to think of what is best for the kids and what is important to them. These comments sure aren't making me like Katie any more!

And I think it's interesting to note that while Michael says Jack is "committed" to Katie and says great things about her, not once does he say Jack loves Katie.

This sure isn't the way I wanted it to happen but I so want this dreadful Kack mess to be over with!

• Members

Hopefully some good will come out of this drama and we will have Jack see Katie as a cold hearted bitch at last. You just KNOW that Katie's going to turn Carly's life shattering illness around to only effect her.

Knowing her, she'll say Carly implanted the tumor into her own brain just so she can ruin the wedding and make Jack come running once again. :rolleyes:

• Members

What ends up happening is that she is interfering with the wedding without intending to interfere in the wedding," JP previews. " In the beginning, certainly, she doesn't use it, but it happens that way anyway. " It will change things a lot for Jack and Katie, the scribe continues. " Because Jack may turn his back on Carly and be in love with another woman and see Carly and all her flaws very clearly, but he's still connected to Carly in very profound ways. And not just because of the children. This crisis in her life will be a shock of cold water." "Jack knows something is up, but he doesn't know what it is , " Park says of Carly's unusual behavior. " He just wants to have a nice day with his family and his friends and the woman who is going to be his wonderful wife. That's all he wants" But will Carly let him have it?

"And not just because of the children." Well, that's something of a bone from ol' Pissy. I'm not sure how Carly can interfere with the wedding, without meaning to, if there is a ceremony. Hmmn...I seem to remember the Kack relationship started at a jilted wedding. Maybe it'll end at one too. :)

• Members

Our Carly better not die to prop up the Katie/Jack pairing.It's like come on,her sister Rosanna just awakened from her coma to see Carly die.That would be worse than cruel.If Carly did die Parker would have no bio parents living because Hal is also dead.Carly's illness would really do a number on Parker,JJ,and Sage.

Archived