B&B: A celebration of 20 years

• Members

http://boldandbeautiful.com/bb/main/store/bookstore.html

banner_book.jpg

The Bold and the Beautiful Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Book

Prefaced by celebrated television pioneer and The Bold and the Beautiful co-creator, Lee Phillip Bell, this special, limited edition, hard cover book is an informative and fun photographic essay that explores the richly layered history of the long-running, award winning, and the world’s most watched daily drama series, The Bold and the Beautiful.

The book showcase in pictorial detail the year-by-year account of the loves, lives, trials and tribulations of the Forrester, Logan, Spectra and Marone families and, of course, the world-renowned fashion houses of Forrester and Spectra.

Be taken on a fascinating journey of the last twenty years in special sections that include: Photos and commentary from the Cast with special pages dedicated to the original and still remaining four contract players, Susan Flannery, Katherine Kelly Lang, John McCook and Ronn Moss; Current, vintage and rare behind-the-scenes photos as well as gallery photography of the cast, crew and staff; a richly detailed tribute to the late William J. Bell, legendary creator of The Bold and the Beautiful; Detailed and entertaining sub-sections including Weddings, Remotes, Fashion, Catfights, International and Awards and Honors as well as an exclusive pull-out collector’s item: A four-color “Family Tree” poster that includes each pivotal character who has appeared on The Bold and the Beautiful.

Damn that it's pretty pricey. I gonna buy it nonetheless but am still waiting whether Amazon or someone else will sell it cause of shipping...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

I finally got my issue.

Still find it pretty pricey but now that I can hold it in my own hands: It's worth every penny.

This is the best non-fiction book (Pope Benedict and the Lord above may please ignore this post... LOL!) I've ever seen. It really is a tribute - written and composed with so much passion and dedication for details. There's just an enormous amount of pictures and many special treats: like comments (written especially for this book!) from nearly everyone who EVER starred on B&B. THis brings back so many memories, especially in the nearly 10 page long catfights section... :D

Another special treat is a look at the behind the scenes crew, always showing a pic from childhood days next to a current one. Imagine that in real L.A. unlike reel L.A. there are people of color and so on. :lol:

To sum it up: If you like B&B just one bit, you ought to buy this book. It's amazing and if you ever need to knock someone out soap-opera-style this book comes also handy due to size and wight. *end of commercial* LOL!

• Members

There is a wedding pic of her and Bill Jr. in the weddings section...

There are also pics of all present B&B writers upon which I assume that Jerry Birn might be in his 70s and therefore have retired these days...

Some quotes though; Tracey Ann Kelly: "when I was a child I dreamed of growing up to be a soap opera writer... really!"

Zero info on the writers though but there is an extremely studly pic of Brad Bell which should be reason enough for you to buy. :P

• Members

Yes, there is one.

And before someone asks: I'd love to make some scans but right now it feels as if I'm two minutes away from flying to Barcelona and still haven't packed anything and still have loads of things to do until Wednesday.

Therefore: just buy the book. :P

• Members

It took a long long time between when I ordered and when I got it.

I found it not so encyclopedic...I'm still happy I have it. But I don't think any of the background stuff some people want will be there.

• Members

Well, it continued the first book (yearly recaps, weddings, catfights) and added some new layers to it (international success among others). They could have done more backstage stuff like “in the writer’s room” or so but overall I still find it fantastic. Also due to the marvellous design...

• Members

Dear, I'll work on sublety the second I get my own personal assistant. Then, I'll have time for this... :P

Slight correction: Alden and Smith wrote obituraries about Bill Bell for the book and there is some delicious stuff in Smith's part. He and Alden used to be best buds in their college days. You can also read in the way that they were once an item... :mellow:

Up to 1982 (!) Y&R it seems that Y&R was only written by Bell, Alden and Smith - who worked together in Bell's Chicago home. Smith wrote three scripts per week (!) after Y&R went to an hour. Smith also tells that he moved to L.A. by then but ironically moved to Hawaii just shortly after the Bells moved to L.A. :lol:

As for Alden: Bill Bell brought her to the hospital when she had her first child because her own husband was out of town. :D

Archived