All: Did anyone love the Hogan Sheffer Years 2000-2005 on ATWT?

• Members

No offense, Quent, but this post of yours proves my point: Passanante is never going to be removed as HW of ATWT with people thinking that she's better than her predecessor, Sheffer. The woman ain't going anywhere. And, yes I know that everyone is entitled to their opinions.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you happen to know wrote that episode's breakdown and/or script? I loved ATWT's 2001-2003 scripts. Very delicious.

I remember Barbara's (is CZP simply amazing or what?) MAN rant towards Emily in 2003/2004. "You can take from a man...they'll never love a woman like you" LOVED it. Another great CZP scene was when she jumped out of the courthouse window after saying "So long, suckers...". That was a major WTF moment.

• Members

Cleo. *shudders* And she even tied it into Noah and Luke lol...

But I do admit I think much of Noah and Luke is being done right so I suppose she deserves credit... but I admit the way she QUICKLY decimated any realism and emotion from AMC has really made me biased against her. I don't think I've ever seen a TV show destoryed so quickly in such a ridiculous way (and she even left early breaking her contract, going to ATWT amidst rumours that she was about to be fired)

Passanante has some talent--she was a major writer during much of Malone/Grifftih's glory reign on OLTL which is where I think she made much of her reputation... but as a HW? I dunno... I still have to wonder if Agnes Nixon actually chose her to be her co HW when Agnes briefly returned to AMC in 99 or if it was imposed on her--just such an odd choice (especially as at first she was working with the much better Elizabeth Page)

• Members

I think the only reason she has continued to get hired as HW of some poor unsuspecting soap is because she's friends with the right people, like Goutman for example. Also perhaps her tenure with Malone and Griffith is still fresh on some minds when they hire her. I don't think it's because she's truly a talented writer. JMHO.

• Members

I didn't make the switch to ATWT after AW got cancelled. The Vicky the Ghost story completely destroyed the Vicky&Ryan love story. If Hogan studied history he would have known to bring back Paul Michael Valley and do a Vicky/Jake/Ryan triangle. That would have gotten AW fans to watch. And raising Ryan from the dead after he was shot at point blank range wouldn't have been a problem for a man who brought back Dr. Rolf (WHY BOTHER??? IT'S ROLF!!!) and simply said "it didn't take."

Steve

• Members

:lol:

Guiding Light was named best drama series. Let's not give the Emmys too much credit.

The Nuke story was a mess until it was made clear that Noah is gay. Craig and Paul's rivalry has been a chore to watch at best. Alison ditched crystal meth with her looks intact. Cleo. 'Nuff said.

• Members

Teens on the run was the reason why I watched the show since they filmed in my hometown. From there I was hooked when Lucy was hit by a bus, which I didn't see coming at all! Then of course after watching ATWT, it was a must to watch GL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Good thing you mentioned GL's Daytime Emmy win, stenbeck212. I feel that next year's award for Drama Series & Best Writing is between "Show A" & GL. There is a push to have GL win a lot awards. Awards do not translate into viewers, CBS, PGP, Televest.

If Sheffer were to return to ATWT as HW with a lot of his colleagues with him, and Goutman being fired, I have no doubt that they'd clean up a lot of the mess caused by him, Passanante, Laiman & Whitesell. Sheffer's last five months were much better than the ATWT's May to September 2007. Do others wish for Sheffer to HW ATWT?

• Members

I wish Hogan would come back to ATWT since the news broke out about his exit. His worst days were way better than JP and Goutman's best days. I don't think Hogan is a good fit for Days. He's not getting the freedom he wants and there's always interference from Corday and Co. I want Hogan and his team from 2000-2005 back at ATWT. Well, make that 2000-2001's team. I remember watching Passions more than ATWT before Passions was let go on NBC. You know what was sad? Although Passions had so much repetition, I was ENTERTAINED. ATWT was an annoying chore that I gave up.

This writing is so bad that when I had to throw out my tapes (*gasp*), I got rid of all tapes from Summer 2005 up to Simon's return. I don't tape anymore. Heck, I don't even watch anymore. I was forced to throw away my Days tapes (1999-2001) for space issues. Damn. I hated that part, but ATWT? It was alright. There was nothing worth saving under this regime.

I am starting to think the current ATWT regime is sabotaging their show. It's the only explanation as to why they are rewriting every single character and angering fanbases across the globe.

Archived