AMC: Monday

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's my opinion? That Zendall fans dislike Sabine in the Greenlee role because Sabine's miscast? That's not my opinion. As a Zendall fan, that's a fact. My feelings about Sabine in the role have NOTHING to do with Greenlee's involvment with Zendall. I, as well as other Zendall fans, are able to separate fantasy from reality. If Becky were in the role, yes, I'd be pissed at the Greenlee character, but I wouldn't dislike Becky. Just like I'm pissed with Mannah for causing trouble with Zendall, but I think Stacy is a welcomed addition to AMC. She gives the show a mature, grown up, classic Y&R (pre-LML) feel that's been missing with all of these marginal actors.

I don't care if you think Sabine's great in the role. That is, indeed, your opinion. But don't just sit there and generalize, saying the only reason people don't like Sabine is because her Greenlee character is causing trouble for Zendall, or that Zendall fan opinions about Sabine's portrayl of Greenlee are obsolete because YOU don't like Zendall.

Then, you need to stop thinking, because people who don't give a damn about Zendall think that the actress has been miscast. It's not JUST because of your little A and B.

• Members

Uh damn R and WORD, except for the part about Stacy, IMO she has no purpose on AMC, bring back Brooke or Di over her IMO.

I have NEVER liked Greenlee. I adore Rebecca, and Love Greenlee & Leo, but only because Leo gave Greenlee heart.

Just like I always hated Dixie that had NOTHING to do with Zendall.

Geesh, I am so beyond sick of generalizations.

• Members

Wow, lively discussion. This is good people, just remember to not cross the line.

I dislike Sabine because she is totally not giving the role of Greenlee Smythe justice. She just can't do it. She tired, failed and continues to try and continues to fail. She's never ever going to be Greenlee in my opinion. There for a few weeks I thought she had toned down a bit and started putting her own stamp on the role and not trying to imitate Becky. But all that is gone now.

B&E are doomed to fail if they centre the show around her. At least in my eyes because she cannot carry this show. The proper way to recast a role is to slowly integrate the character back in. Not shove them down our throats endlessly for 4 months and just like force us to accept it. A'int going to happen.

• Members

I agree with that. If she were allowed to create a role, rather than take over such a dynamic role portrayed by a popular actress, then there would be a hell of a lot more room for her to fumble around and make mistakes. But, having Sabine reshoot a lot of Becky's pivotal scenes as Greenlee basically shining a glaring spotlight on the differences in actors and acting styles hasn't done Sabine a single favor. Becky always played Greenlee with fire. For example, during the final "I'm Broken" Greenlee scenes, Becky's Greenlee was hurt, but she was determined to get away from these people she felt have betrayed her. Sabine's version made Greenlee so weak and wimpy and over the top.

• Members

Yeah you and I are one in the same. I never liked Greenlee when she first came on the show. That's why I say, this Greenlee is the original Greenlee in terms of writing. Then Leo came along and I absolutely fell in love with the character. Like I could see depth to the character and see beyond the spoiled little brat who I always think was just a bit unhinged.

Rebecca just defined the role. She played the role non stop for 6 years, SIX YEARS! SMG, while was great as Kendall played her for barely 2. 7 years later and it is recasted with Alicia Minshew. Took me a little bit to warm up to Lish.... but that recast was done properly and with each passing day I loved her a little more and eventually it came to the point where it was SMG who?

Never going to feel that here. They waited a year and a half to recast, and picked someone who just does not gel with the role, or at least with how it is being written what so ever. I'd hate to see the other auditions because according to Ms. Carruthers, they all thought Sabine "was" Greenlee. Yeah, one more reason not to put any stock in the words that come out of her mouth.

AMC has made tons of mistakes over the past few years and this recast was a colossal one. Maybe I am being a bitch, but I gave it time. I was supporting her initially and sticking up for her. Well the hourglass has run out.

• Members

I think Stacy would've worked well if they stuck with Mannah being in the corporate scenes with Zach, Josh and Adam in the whole Cambias/Chandler war. I got tired of seeing Mannah whine and complain all the time about Slethan. The interim writers didn't do her any favors. But I think if they kept Hannah a sharp businesswoman, able to swim with the best of sharks, then Stacy would've been more than capable of making Hannah a female character who was intelligent and strong -- which was much needed after McTavish's horrid depiction of Pine Valley women.

Don't I know it. <_<

• Members

For a show that is so light on mature, GOOD actresses, I'll take the psycho that is Hannah. Stacy rocks in my mind and the show should do whatever they can to hold onto her. But then again its their fault they are so light on mature decent actresses to begin with. Its sad to look at a cast list from 10 years ago and now in terms of powerhouse actresses. AMC is so week in the acting department now on the female side it isn't even funny.

Alexa Havins will be gone soon too.

Leven and Lish are about as good as it gets. They are great..... but compared to the greats that have dawned this cast, not so much. And that's very pathetic.

• Members

Stacy would be good in the stuff with Adam and corporate takeovers and ish like that. But geesh, just keep her away from Zendall, they're going through enough crap already.

I do believe Mannah will kidnap Baby Ian after he gets out of the hospital, cause I don't believe Zach gave her what she wanted, the "hell hath no fury" comes to mind ;)

LOL between you and R I want to marry both of your posts :P

Sabine needs to stop copying Rebecca and her mannerisms. Just imagine if Trevor was trying to imitate Roger or Laura trying to imitate Sarah :blink:

Sure Lish was green when she started, but I'm sorry even she wasn't this bad.

Plus now sticking GreenMe in a pairing with sweet but dull Aidan, and really WHO CARES? :rolleyes:

• Members

I saw potential in a Josh/Greenlee pairing. That is the only man Sabine has had any chemistry with, at least in my eyes. Aidan is just plain boring and does not work off Sabine and all and vice versa. I would love to just have a private sit down with Rebecca and get her thoughts on all this LOL.

Part of me keeps hoping one day Rebecca storms into Frons' office and is like get that imposter out of here, I want my job back.

• Members

The biggest word. The sad part is only two or three years ago AMC had a brilliant crop of young actresses. We had Eden Rigel, Alexa Havins, Kelli Giddish, Tanisha Lynn, Terri Ivens, Leven Rambin and Rebecca Budig all of which were brilliant in there roles and now fast forward and who do we really have left? There are only a hand full of actress left that can even get veiwers threw the day who aren't leaving.

Alica Minshew, Melissa Claire Egan, Sabine and Levenn Rambin. Quite honestly it just isn't enough and at their current state they just aren't enough to keep AMC a float. Sabine is much to new, Melissa is currently making the role her own but again she is still very new and viewers are just now starting to warm up to her character after having her do nothing for basically a year, Levenn Rambin is becoming so overexposed that her acting is suffering and Alicia just isn't strong enough as a performer to hold up the entire drama of this show.

Bobbie Eakes is awesome. IMO she is better then Susan Lucci as far as actresses go.

It's not even just about Alicia being green. It was the fact that she ALWAYS chose over the top acting choices in most of her scenes. Remember the scene were Ryan left her in the rain after he caught her cheating with Aiden? How about when she held Erica up at gun point, ect. et al. I'm not saying that Lish was necessairly bad in her scenes when she first came on. I am just saying that Alica and Sabine are very much alike when they first came on the show. They both went for over the top, campy performences. Alicia is more polished as an actress mostly due to years of experience along with acting along side Eden Rigel, Thorsten, Susan, ect. but there was a time when Lish was just as over the top in her scenes as Sabine currently is.

I will say that Sabine has a talent and perhaps if she didn't have such huge shoes to fill (Rebecca was honestly one of the best actresses on the show. She nearly out acted everyone she was paired with and yes i'll even add the tremendously talented Rigel to that list. There was a reason she was nominated twice for Best Supporting Actress which is one of the most difficult categories to get a nomination in) she would have been well recieved.

Archived