DAYS: Monday August 27

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There might have been a difference in Friday's episode, but this one was plagued with total inconsistency. Every scene involving Lucas, Sami and Andre was totally moronic, and that damn ugly lighting was back. The sheer idiocy astounded me. Why the hell didn't they just have Kate get the folio? And the way Sami just rushed into the cafe... and the way Lucas was being distracted and trying to stretch forward... god, that was bad. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

• Members

Sometimes I wish the actors could sit down with Hogan and the others, scan the scripts, and say, "Nope. Sami wouldn't do that"; "Actually, Kate would just do this herself"; "Uh, excuse me, but John and Marlena wouldn't be undressing each other with their eyes while reading about the man who ordered Stefano to torment the Bradys, which resulted in Roman's faked death, John's brainwashing, Marlena's numerous kidnappings, John nearly getting his head chopped off, John nearly dying in a gas chamber, Marlena possessed by the devil, all of Marlena's kids kidnapped, etc."

I know actors can become possessive of their characters and shouldn't dictate the stories, but sometimes SOMEONE needs to stand up and say, "Oh, come on! Are you kidding me?" (And sometimes I guess they do. Matt and Missy reminded the execs that Jack couldn't donate his organs, but their objections were ignored.)

Just a thought.

• Members

I liked the pacing. I'm not an expert at how an episode is shot, lighting or camera angles, etc., but something did seem different to me. I saw a lot of reaction shots that seemed to give some of the scenes more depth. And the back and forth in the dialogue flowed better. I'll use Stephanie and Max for an example, since they usually are not at the top of my list as favorites. It seemed like the give and take dialogue-wise between both actors felt more natural, not forced or rushed. Hopefully that makes sense.

Roman and Bo, I enjoyed them. They try so hard to get the bad guys, but I always know they won't. Good rapport between those two. And I'm starting, finally after all of these years, to accept this Roman. In the past few episodes, I've actually enjoyed watching his character.

Sami and Lucas--their scenes bordered on silly, but I enjoyed the back and forth between them. Lucas will always be as dumb as a post, but I admit, I liked him today. I'm one who doesn't mind Sami/Lucas/EJ being involved in the feud. I don't have much of an allegiance to past history on Days, just an allegiance to being entertained. I'm quite shallow that way. Not that I discount the importance of history, but if something keeps my eyes glued to the tube, it's working for me. Plus I have a feeling that the show may start shifting this story toward the vets. I think Sami/EJ/Lucas will probably have another story and a bunch of other "issues" to deal with soon. I could be wrong, but who knows? Just a feeling. :)

Andre in drag. A definite fashion "don't." :lol:

And the best for last . . . Stefano and EJ. Exceptional. Dialogue is always my favorite part of any show or movie. I guess I'm a bit of a dialogue ho. :lol: Between these two, it was outstanding. Intense, but at the same time I laughed outloud at Stefano calling out EJ on hypocrisy and his description of Tony had me lmao. And I also laughed at EJ's line to Roman when he stuck it to him. That's the smart EJ that I recognize. Glad he's back. Whoever wrote this, I love you. :)

Stefano and his mind games. Joe M. is amazing to me. I like him far more in this run than the last. He's still evil, a master manipulator, out for his self preservation, but I also see some humanity. Not saying that he's a good person, but he's more like a flesh and blood man than a cartoon character this go 'round. And James Scott works well with Joe. I buy them as father and son. I loved Stefano calling EJ out about hypocrisy and EJ struggling with his father's challenge about stepping up to the plate as a DiMera man. James does a lot with non verbal acting to convey EJ's internal struggles.

I enjoyed the entire episode. Wow, two in a row. Can't believe it. Can we make it three please?

• Members

I have myself a bit scared here -- is it possible that Sheffer is seriously a genuis?? I'm not sure if that's actually what I'm beginning to see or if it's just an illusion that I've created that will burst at any second?

EJ and Stefano: The conflict between father and son came through loud and clear during Stefano and EJ's hospital room conversation. Letting us see and hear Stefano's tactics, and EJ's response, including EJ's statement that he intended to break free of the DiMeras, made their dynamics clearer. Fantastic scene and very telling.

EJ telling Roman to turn around - no peep show - gave us some EJ humor which is something we've not been given for awhile (and I've missed it!).

Andre was also brilliant as always; Bo and Roman great together; and Lucas and Sami were their typical (yawn and turn down the volume) selves.

The DiMeras stole the show once again!

• Members

I agree those were awesome scenes, and the camera seemed to be playing to James Scott's strength--which is his non-verbal acting skills. We got some great reaction shots during EJ/Stefano and also a nice camera pan that started on EJ and then circled around to his profile and then to Stefano. Very nice.

Archived