DAYS: Monday August 27

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The teaser was about 8 minutes and the first act was about 7-8 minutes long, so I thought maybe Ed Scott edited this episode to have 1 less act than DAYS normally has......but I was wrong when the last couple of acts were only about 3 minutes each. I was bummed. I had my hopes up. :(

• Members

LOL Toups. Sorry but just when I think I obsess about DOOL too much I see things like this and for some reason I feel better because I have hope that there are some people out there who are even more anal retentive/nitpicky about this show than I am.

Overall I thought the show was pretty good today. I liked the movement from different scenes and just the jumble of characters interacting.

I mostly tuned out TTS but they were on a short enough amount of time that I was able to tune them out and thus I enjoyed that storyline for once today. Even if I had to giggle when they had that Stephanie-Max part talking about the kiss and I looked up to hear this romantic music and the camera turned to Chelsea watching them knowingly and I just had to laugh to myself thinking Oh hell they really ARE going there knowing how much that will piss off a lot of people who wanted to believe Hogan's pledges about no incest.

I enjoyed Andre's encounter with Sami after she actually hatched a half-baked scheme to try and steal the folio (oh how I've missed scheming Sami) as well as bickering Lucas and Sami (their best scenes are and always have been fighting/arguing) even if Lucas looked RIDICULOUS during that one pause before the commercial break where Sami faints yet Lucas just sits there straining to try and get his hands on the folio yet failling to do so like he is glued to his chair or something and even if I had to wonder where the hell Andre got the wig and makeup from for his disguise, overall I just found it a good day and the first time in a while that a Lucas and Sami scene didn't make me want to throw things at my TV or put me to sleep.

I also LOVED Stefano's always skillful manipulation of EJ and EJ being in something other than a suit even if it was just a hospital gown. I loved Roman and Bo confronting them and gumming up the works and I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing a scene again where Bo and Roman were smartass antagonists of EJ and his "Turn around this is not a peep show" line in response and him sticking Roman with the drugs was fun to see just because for me Roman getting stabbed NEVER gets old and I like having ruthless EJ back as long as it's not him trying to kill someone.

So far so good this week.

• Administrator

I don't consider my anal retentive :P ......... Yeah, I do look at the writing, the directing, the music, the audio, the lighting, the editing.....I just care about and interested in the production of soap operas. :D

Yeah, it was so ridiculous to have Sami/Lucas go after Andre. What's next Shawn and Belle going after Stefano?

EJ/Stefano scenes are always good.

I love Roman/Bo when they joke around and acting like brothers.

• Members

I agree good episode today. Something was different in this episode..no I'm talking about a possible change Scott may or may not have done, but it seems as if the overall episodes seem to have less filler than they used to have. The episodes just seem to b put togeteher better rather than it taking forever to have some action occur.

• Members

Okay, the show is on the right track with losing the SFX previews, but the SFX endings have got to end as well. Unless the ending calls for a freezeframe, don't use one. A simple fade to black will work. And don't even think of changing the color scheme. Today's ending did not call for a freezeframe and it sucked.

• Members

Good episode. But Andre sure is an ugly woman!

Sami was scheming again, yay! It wasn't a very good scheme and Lucas was a horrible accomplice (why didn't he just walk by and casually pick up the folio on his way out the door?), but at least she showed some of her spark and spunk today. And she actually stood up to Lucas and argued back, too!

EJ and Stefano are always mesmerizing. Love their scenes together, and today we actually saw some progress in the story. I liked EJ explaining he wanted to become a better person and yet at the same time he's a lot like his father. That's the EJ I want--a bit of a bad boy, but with a conscience.

The only time I enjoy Roman is in scenes with Bo. They are very believable as brothers and play well off each other.

Looks like it might be a good week.

And I have to say...Nick doesn't need more air time...and I only know of one person who would think so...

• Members

So here's what I don't understand. this Dr. Rebert was totally a "stepping-stone" character. A four-day role that was just a device to make Nick a hero in Chelsea's eyes. In fact, he's so unimportant that there's no reason we should even remember his name, other then "the boss Nick punched out for almost forcing himself on Chelsea".

And yet, here we are, like - what? Eight months later, still talking about him? I don't get it. It's like saying "I want more Mr. Lowell!!!!!" Who's Mr. Lowell? Exactly...

I'm all for soap fans liking new characters and wanting to see more of them. And day players have their fans, and that's cool. there are people who love Dr. Rolf or Bart, because they make them laugh, bring some comic relief. (I'm not a fan, but I respect those who are.) But Dr. Rebert? Really? Really?

Archived