The Tennis Thread

• Members

TC said they're not stopping Novak's tourney.

Thiem was tested and came back negative. TC mentioned him. I wish they'd keep up with news as it was reported that he had already been tested.

Coric just played him yesterday when Grigor was feeling I'll and they hugged and shook hands. He also shook the umpire hand.

Update Novak's tourney canceled.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

People have tested negative before testing positive.  There's a reason why there is a two week quarantine because that is the general amount of time that a virus can incubate in the body before presenting any symptoms or presence. Thiem needs to quarantine for the safety of anyone who might otherwise come into contact with him.  These guys all behaved so irresponsibly.

• Members

It's been a week so Thiem should quarantine for a week. I just don't get why Grigor left LA to go all the way to Serbia. I am worried for Borna who shook his hand yesterday when Grigor was already having symptoms.

TC just said Thiem was tested again today and came back negative.

• Members

And tournament directors who is his brother and him made a statement saying they followed guidelines....lol

Sorry for laughing but Novak is full of [!@#$%^&*].

IMO this was about him and how great he is for doing these tournaments. Why did he cry during his tournament? He is so consumed by being loved more than Roger.

as @Faulkner said his family isn't helping him. His father going off at Roger and the Aussie fans for rooting for Thiem and not his son.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I’m not into celebrity worship, because we don’t know any of these people personally, but I’m still a fan of Novak’s game. I love his tenacity on court, his relentlessness, his problem solving and intelligence. How he silences his detractors by just winning. And I was inclined to root for him early on because the media always laid it on so thick to prop up Federer and to a lesser extent Nadal. He clearly has fans (which has helped make him an extraordinarily wealthy man with sponsorships), and I can understand why Nolefam can appear to be a bit aggressive considering how his exceptional career achievements have often been downplayed.

That said...

These past few months have been bone-headed decision after bone-headed decision from Novak and the people around him. The fact he lives in his own bubble only becomes clearer and clearer. I can see why he chooses to insulate himself from the media, but he’s very out of touch with reality. That Serbia hadn’t been as adversely affected by COVID doesn’t mean you can just throw an international exhibition with unmasked fans packed into stands and players hugging each other. It only takes one asymptomatic positive person to cause a spike in infection. It’s just common sense at this point. 

Edited by Faulkner