• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She'll never get it.

Ordinarily I wouldn't even be mad when player wants to assert him or herself because, often times the ITF or the tournament directors are too meek to take a firm decision and it's usually left to the players to try to force the tournament to make decisions but don't act like when one player asserts herself or if there is even a hint of her trying to assert herself, sh*t hits the fan and these dudes pile up on her, while the rest throw their weight around and nobody says one word about it.

If Serena had walked off the court without word from the umpire or the referee, it would've been a sh*tstorm and anybody who denies that is lying their asses off. 

Sometimes I don't even know why I watch this stupid sport.  It never evolves, just trades in the same ridiculous regressive themes.

I want to see Thiem use that same energy to talk about how he was left standing on court looking like a huge fool while Djokovic walked off without a word to him faster than LeBron could leave a meandering press conference.  

• Members

Never said Serena was perfect.  The point is none of them are perfect but some can do no wrong while others can scream at ball kids, launch balls out of stadiums, shove chair umpires and beat holes into the umpire's chair and two mumbling words get spoken and everybody moves on like it's nothing.

There's a double standard.

If you think this is not true, why not bring facts to the argument to prove otherwise?  Seriously, I would listen to a serious debate.

By the way, I've never threatened to walk when I've read numerous posts about how Frances sucks and Felix is overrated, etc.  No, I stay and try to present a case of why I disagree.  I enjoy most of your posts, @Soapsuds but this seems like a really childish reaction.  It's your choice though and I have to respect that.

• Members

The story now is that Djokovic knew that play was going to be suspended or he wouldn't have left the court. There's no mention of whether Thiem was informed or not.  If he knew, then why would he just stand there?

Now some people are complaining that the rain is gone but play has already been cancelled for the day.

Maybe the rain will return.  Maybe there's something they know that the rest of us don't? LOL.

Oh well, Kanye shrug.