The Tennis Thread

• Members

Just awful.....glad Thiem walked off and pretty much told them [!@#$%^&*] you......Serena is getting trashed and so is the organizers of the FO. And I am so glad. I'd love to see Thiem win it all and then not give them an interview after the tourney is over....

And do get me started on TC showing GM match over Thiem's. The disrespect from the tennis media for Thiem is just awful. They only cater to their pets. 

I noticed NBC didn't even mention the incident in its coverage today and I am sure TC will bypass it too. I am sure if Thiem had been the one who forced someone out....it would be news....

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Reports are that Serena said she wasn't going to wait. To which the organizers said ok and booted Thiem out of the press room to a smaller one to which Thiem felt that he was being treated like [!@#$%^&*] and walked out of the press room and gave no interview. Serena could've waited for the press room to be available but she didn't. 

And what's this love the tennis media have over Monfils?  Has he accomplished something on clay to deserve this love? Has he beaten Nadal on clay??

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Again, I ask...how is that Serena's fault?  

And [!@#$%^&*] Thiem being upset.  Not as many reporters want to talk to him so he has to move.  FO should have canceled Serena if she didn't want to wait but they chose not to.  It's not her fault that they chose a legend with 23 slams over someone who has none!  

• Members

And you're acting like every tennis media outlet .....[!@#$%^&*] everyone else its Serena.....glad she is once again getting trashed. And I hope she retires soon....she looks slow as hell.....glad she lost. She is a sore loser.

• Members

And as hated as she....Mary Carillo is the best damn tennis broadcaster. John McEnroe and Paul Annacone are clueless. As @Faulkner mentioned the only reason Paul has been successful in coaching is because of who he has coached. Give him an average robotic American and he isn't much of a coach. 

• Members

Oy. Stefanos. Can’t go out like this.

The Stefanos forehand really collapsed in those last few games. Incredible last point from Stan.

Wawrinka has beaten Fed on clay a few times, including his 2015 title run, but not sure how much this marathon match will linger on his body.