The Tennis Thread

• Members

ESPN literally went on to list the myriad of coaches that Milos has had before the commentators then discussed the possibility of Milos either searching for the right fit and not afraid of change but not before one (Chris what's-his-name again) proposed that perhaps the problem rested with Milos himself and the possibility that Milos was a very deep thinker, perhaps too much so.  Then Patrick suggests that Milos has a very "straightforward" game and shouldn't need to overthink anything.

These guys are exhausting.  I'm glad I don't often have to listen to them.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know Twitter has changed its Trending Topics algorithm, but I feel like a year ago that Fed/Coric match would have trended, even with March Madness going on. Did it for anyone else? I feel like interest in the game is flagging.

EDIT: Never mind. Federer is trending for me now.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I haven't seen the match yet but they made fun of Milos yesterday too. They said he was fat and then joked that maybe he was eating one too many donuts in Canada. He does look very bloated. I am not a fan at all but making fun of him two days in row is low even for ESPN.

I really wish Borna would've won. I am truly sick of Fed and his fans. Even though I can't stand his game or him....I understand why Novak had a good record against Roger. If Murray and Novak were still healthy....Roger wouldn't have won any more majors.

Both ESPN and TC are horrible in their coverage of tennis. The only one I truly enjoy that has no biases is Bill Macatee.  I think he is the best out of all the litter. I miss when he use to call the US Open for CBS. Now he does the Australian and French Open for TC. 

As for Milos ...he is all serve. He is too slow and needs more than just a serve to compete....just look at Isner.....

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Just imagine them saying that about Marion Bartoli. They’d be fired.

When you play Federer, you play him *and* his fans. I can understand how it can be intimidating. The younger generation of tennis players is still in awe of him, whereas Nadal, Murray, and Djokovic saw beating him as a challenge they tirelessly pursued. And Djokovic especially used the crowd’s dislike as fuel.

• Members

Hell one of them was Pam that was making fun of Milos. And I think it was either Brad or Patrick(the loser that he is) that made the joke about the donut. I don't know who it was today but I plan on seeing the match either today or tomorrow.

See Roger has trouble getting the ball past these guys thus losing to them until now. The same was happening to him against Borna. Had Borna not made so many errors at the end of both sets he would've won. Roger can't handle steady backboard players. He starts spraying balls.

I hope he wins too! Today's easy match win should help him out for tomorrow. I am hoping Roger is exhausted from today's match with Borna.

I have feeling both or one will pull out next week in Miami.

And after today's performance against Borna....I don't see Roger playing the clay court season at all. He will lose.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Me either...I just had it as background noise and saw that they won and then John Isner said that Tommy Haas was the hottest tournament director on tour

Please register in order to view this content

and what great hair he has while Jack Sock started teasing it.