ATWT: Discussion Thursday, August 23rd

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was a good day for backstory and history.

After getting backstory over the Craig/Rosanna 2005 storyline I really want Craig to drop dead and as far as I'm concerned Meg can go with him if she wants to defend him so much.

• Members

I was a little disappointed Jack invited Craig into Carly's home. But I FLOVED Carly's reaction to Craig, from the muttered "oh...hell no" to wishing him complete and utter ruinination with every breath of her body. I only wish she'd gotten on a real tirade about everything he did to her when he set the kidnapping in motion. It was Craig's playing God that helped send Carly over the edge in her battle against Gwen...and got her into round one of her legal troubles. Then Jack listened to her vent, and comforted her. :wub:

Yay!!! Rosanna finally mentioned Carly! And I'm rubbing my hands in anticipation of Rosanna doling out some justice to Craig. He might not have meant to cause the accident, but that doesn't mean he's blameless either.

I'm kind of scratching my head about Gwennie/Cole...but at least he's clearly older than her. I hate revisiting the "beautiful baby boy Carly killed" story, but I suppose Iris' actions (in keeping Ray away from Gwen) could be explained a little if she'd already lost custody of one child.

• Members

I give Jack a pass for letting Craig in, while gritting his teeth, because he did it for Parker. Loved Carly's oh hell no :lol: I'm glad they are keeping Carly angry with Craig and their scenes were good, but the best was Jack comforting Carly :wub:

I'm very confused about Cole. It sounded like he had lived with them until Gwen was 10. I just sense a major rewrite here. It would make sense that Cole is actually BBB because of age, but I hate rewrites.

Great to see Barbara!

I too was very happy to hear Rosanna mention Carly and am cautiously optimistic that Paul may actually tell Rosanna his part in keeping the baby switch a secret. I disagree with him that Jennifer understood at the end but I do think she forgave him. I am more than ready for Rosanna to return to Oakdale! The part in the clinic has been a snoozer.

Good show today.

• Members

Craig is truly back!!! How about him throwing Katie in Carly's face, his " baby sister "and then taunting her with the Jack/Katie pairing. Jack on the other hand is truly an ass, he didn't even know that Craig had been with the kids at the farm but allowed Craig--yes-- into Carly's house like it was alright. Carly should have ripped him (Jack) a new one. Wonder would he have done that if Craig wasn't Katie's brother, talk about pandering. There are no longer any words to describe Meg.

This obtuse wreck-tangle Craig/Meg/Ro/Carly/Jack/Katie/Paul ( yes I know to many sides ) has the making of good soap drama. Hopefully TIIC don't blow it

I still say that Gwen has some explaining to do. Never mentioned a brother, not even to Carly and apparently not even to Wil. This should be fun.

• Members

Jack didn't invite Craig out of niceness....he invited him up in the house for one reason only; to interrogate Meg solo... Craig looked really stupid IMO trying to get under Carly's skin...granted he was and I state the word was, doing a good job, but she got him cold with her final parting words...and after reading what I've been reading, Craig's world is going to come a tumbling down.

Meg's beyond stupid to me....She wants to be with Craig, but she can't even be honest to anyone that questions her about why she's truly with him.

Okay, I know not once did Gwen during the time she first stepped foot in Oakdale did she talk about how her older brother left her behind with her drunk of a mother Iris. I know that Gwen said that when she was growing up Iris always chose her latest 'man' over her, etc, but never did she say anything about having any siblings that left home etc. My guess is that Cole may not be a product of Ray; after all, Iris probably did have many men in her life.

What I would like to see is if the folks will have some acknowledgement of Rosanna learning that Gwen is Carly's sister....but that is wishful thinking I suppose.

I can see right now after seeing the promotion for tomorrow's show, Will will be having some words with Cole possibly.

• Members

So far I am pleased with all of the discussion about the baby switch that Rosanna and Paul are having so I am still optimistic that they will discuss how all of that impacted Carly and Gwen and how they later found out they were sisters. I was so happy to hear Rosanna ask about Carly and liked the way that Paul answered that she was fine because you could tell he doesn't really think everything is so fine with her but he didn't want to tell Rosanna all of that. So I'm really hoping that Rosanna and Carly will have some conversations about everything that transpired. It could make for some great scenes.

• Members

After today's show, it's official. Meg is a complete and utter IDIOT.

Line of the day definitely goes to Carly with her response to Craig asking her what the neighbors would say if she left him dead on her front porch: "They'd remind me that trash pickup day is Thursday." Love it! :D

• Members

Jack had no business inviting Craig into Carly's home, Parker or wanting to interrogate Meg, whatever. Yes, Carly's historically gone out of her way to keep people in Parker's life regardless of her feelings about them (like John...), but this man's responsible for her sister's accident. Meg shouldn't have allowed Craig near Parker either. At least when Parker talked to Babs (and there was a time after the Spa kidnapping when I abhorred Babs' being within three feet of Parker..) at Paul's wake, a lot of time had passed (since Babs engineered Carly's kidnapping).

Speaking of men who played God with Carly's life, I hope she gets around to ripping Paul a new piehole over that too. They never allowed Carly to address that after the baby switch was revealed.

I really hope Carly re-bonds with Rosanna. Carly desperately needs someone on her side.

LOL...Craig was such an ass, championing Katie. He's spoken like three words to her since he returned (in the form of Jeff Meeks) and I swear Scott Bryce and Teri C haven't even exchanged that much. From what I recall, in their only scene together, Craig completely ignored her! (Teehee...like that didn't make me smile!)

• Members

At most the time that they (Katie and Craig) did exchange those few meaningless words, was most likely Katie going off on Craig about something. I think in fact that that either Mago or Katie when they do talk to Craig is always to tell him what a jerk he is or to tell him to stop stirring up trouble with someone; either way it's always negative.

Plus too, even if Jack did marry ole Fluff-to-Nothing, things won't change for Craig. Craig will still be the most hated person in Oakdale; The only time anyone gives a damn about Craig is when they want to let him have it for another scheme he's pulled that has ruined them or when they are stupid enough to say they love him (which in this case is Meg).

• Members

The one scene Terri and Scott shared was prior to Craig's wedding. Margo had asked Katie to go to the wedding and after a lot of whining by Katie because Craig is never there for her or does anything for her, she headed over to the Lakeview lounge with Margo to see him. And Craig did basically ignore her, which made her none to happy. I think that was the only scene they have had so far.

Archived