AMC: Wednesday: August 22, 2007

• Members

BINGO! I think I love you! Yeah, its so funny how Zach could not attend Ethan's funeral (I thought he was correct to not do so) but now all of a sudden he can go to his grave to basically just rub his life at Ethan's grave. Ethan died hating him and Zach seems to think he can just waltz there and smirk in his face cause he is the arrogant SOB he is.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well even if Adrianna used a little more colorful language than I typically use here, she did have a quite salient point at the end of her post but not that you would acknowledge it because that would rob you of the opportunity to bash Ethan and his fans some more.

Adrianna *IS* right that scenes with Zach crying at Ethan's grave are pretty pointless when Zach fans loathe Ethan so they don't want him visiting the grave and remembering Ethan fondly and Ethan fans loathe Zach so they don't want him visiting the grave and remembering Ethan fondly.

The scenes simply don't have the emotional impact the writers intend because they don't ring true for most viewers. So they should just stop with that.

• Members

Excuse me, it's my right to like Zach and dislike Ethan...it's called an opinion. Also doesn't make me insane...that is really uncalled for. Don't have to agree with my opinion but at least respect it. Really need to give it a rest seriously

• Members

But see...if you were watching the show, you would know that of all the times Zach has visited Ethan's grave, he has never once "smirked" or tried to "rub his life" at him (which, if you think about it, would be hard to do, since Ethan's you know, DEAD and all...). Zach is genuinely remorseful of how things went down with Ethan, and he knows he can never make it right. And Ethan died making sure that would eat away at Zach for the rest of his lfe. Nice guy, huh?

IMissAremid...you're right. Zach fans freaking HATE how in death Ethan has been turned into some larger-than-life saint, when it's blatantly obvious he was far from that. It's one of the worst retcon jobs I've ever seen on soaps. And Zach's scenes at his grave don't work on any level (except for what Thorsten brings to them--which is always brilliant...) because of that. I wish they would just quit with that. Let Zach pour his heart out to someone who actually cares for him--like Myrtle, Lily, Josh....anyone would be better than Ethan.

• Members

OMG....yes, he should have thought of that. But he didn't, and that's where his regret comes from. When he tried to make it right, though, he was roundly and soundly rejected by Mr. Perfect Son. And I'm not just talking about on Ethan's deathbed either. Zach has real, genuine remorse about Ethan--he doesn't run to the cemetary every 5 minutes to yell "Ha ha! Kendall and I are blissfully happy! Enjoy your dirt nap, son! Neener neener neener!" Geesh.

And we'll just have to agree to disagree about Kendall being the love of Ethan's life. IMO, it wasn't written that way at all. He got over her very easily, and on to his true love, Simone.

• Members

LOL Ethan never got over Kendall; he said right before he died he still thought of what could of been with her. Those are not words of a man in love with another woman and we all know Sethan was a plot point and never shown. Plus, people who admitt to hating Ethan sure seem to want to not admitt he still loved Kendall. Odd?

Why is it that Zach fans wanted Ethan to just forgive Zach for this? If the shoe was on the other foot and Ethan married Kendall when Zach was in love with her such a different tune would be singing and you all know it! Ethan didn't get over and rightfully so and he had every right to not do so. Zach should just deal with it and bring bed he slept with Kendall that his son did over to the grave too. Yeesh!

• Members

Spin it how you want Adrianna(denial is NOT just a river in Egypt) Eatdirt WAS over Kendall, and had moved on with Simone, Simone was the last person he thought of besides his adopted mother when he was dying

Uh there was nothing for Ethan to forgive, once he framed Zach for murder, all bets were off. I wish Jonathan had put a bullet right between eatdirt's eyes, he was BSC after all.

Anyways why do you care? You're guy is deader than a doornail, and on another show, you don't watch AMC, so why are you even in this thread?

• Members

Cry me a damn polluted river. Zach never knew Slethan existed, Slethan thought Alexander Cambias, Jr. was dead until two minutes before he came to town and Slethan only came to town to get the Cambias fortune.

I am NOT going to buy a single cent of this pitiful little crybaby garbage about a grown ass, college graduate man all of a sudden having daddy issues.

Ethan Cambias Slethan Ramsey was a little snot with entitlement issues. Zach owed him NOTHING!

• Members

R Sinclair, so much WORD. I love how Ethan fans can never admit their guy did ANYTHING wrong, but yet alot of Zach fans know Zach did wrong and can admit it. That's a BIG reason why I hate Ethan.

Damn, I was thinking the same thing, funny how some crawl of the woodwork and post in threads about a show they vowed they'd never watch again :rolleyes::lol:

• Members

well Im someone who hated Ethan and loved Zach during that storyline. It was Ethan's hate for Zach and transformation into a whiny obsessed brat that ultimately turned me off. However I can understand where he was coming from and Zach was dead wrong and I hate him now trying to act like some loving father. How convenient for him to change his opinion only after his son is dead

• Members

Zach was guilty of being a very annoying over-protective curse-bulls**t-spewing father prior to the marriage. Annoying. He didn't claim him instantly but it wasn't out of any type of venom it's because he thought Ethan deserved better than the Cambias name. I understand why Ethan was annoyed with him. He was being well vindictive with the marriage but still with that over-protective tone. Ethan was not innocent during that time either.

It's between Ethan and Kendall that they didn't end up together. He chose revenge on daddy over her and them. Then she chose revenge on him over them - yes Zach brung honey to the bee and encouraged that act of revenge on but ultimately it was her choice to sting back. Ethan did what she needed him to do to prove he wouldn't continue to hurt her like he did a little too late. She apologized. He didn't forgive her and basically took back his apology. He started dating Simone. She stayed platonically married to his father. They didn't rub their relationship in his face after the s**t hit the fan in Florida, at all. He had no issue with the relationship until more than six months later when he realized they had fallen in love.

Zach did try to reach out to Ethan several times after the marriage. I guess deep down Zach had to know staying married to the woman his son loved wasn't going to make Ethan his biggest fan. But on the same note he was fine with everything until he realized they were in love more than six month after he happily started dating Simone. Now it's not kosher to fall in love with your sons ex-lover but it happens in soapdom and probably every once in a while in real life. Zach shouldn't have dictated his adult (love) life to satisfy his grown-up son (with a chip on his shoulder) for the rest of his life.

Didn't care for the Grave Ethan and Zach scenes at all. It just annoys me at this point for whatever reason - the whole Ethan element with Zach (as the Zach element with Ethan annoyed me). Seriously they just need to stop with that Zach/Ethan stuff and forget Ethan ever existed kind of like they forgot about Brooke - especially now that he's dead. I do think it's kind of whoa to go to the boy that wished you to suffer as his dying wish and ask him to look over your son with his ex-lover like the two of you ended things on a good note. Not to mention "trying to teach me to be a good father" b-s. Be realistic.

Archived