GH Weekly Discussion: Week of August 20

• Members

I had no opinion whatsoever on Liason going into last summer, so Guza had the chance to sell them to me. To make me fall in love with them. To make me see why people have held onto them for 8 years. He had a chance to make me crave, and burn for more. But instead, he decided to go for what he always does: flashy, high impact, plot points, that he doesn't even think all the way through. He's a lot like Megan McTavish when it comes to that. Pomp and Circumstance out the ass, but no substance.

Rick Hearst and Kelly Monaco begged, even got the fans involved last summer, to try and convince him to do anything but Sic. But he thought it would great drama (for Jason, obviously). He thought it would be wonderful, and hot. And that people would be shocked and stunned and want to see the fallout.

Then he showed me Jasey Poo crying. He showed me Jasey Poo's pain. He showed me Jason's strife. While my Rexis was ripped apart at the seams, while Molly and Kristina's family was dive bombed, while Alexis was sent reeling, he should me Jason. And then she brought in Liason,all light and fluffy. All happy and pretty.

Sort of like, "Oooo here's someone new and shiney, and pure for Jason to play with. Look at them, aren't they pretty? See, pretty, good, love."

That was about the fall out of the last year. Liason is wonderful. Everyone else, scum, who don't deserve to be happy.

It has to end. Whether that means Liason. Or Guza's own special reign or terror. Something has to give.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally can fault Lucky. You don't whine, moan, complain and whine some more about your wife being "unfaithful" to you -- the night she had walked in on you cheating on her for a second time, and then having a drugged out fight with you where you shove her to the floor -- and then kiss another woman. I agree that Liz should've been honest about the ONS with Jason before they remarried, but that doesn't give Lucky a free pass.

Lucky's been a creep ever since Helena brainwashed him. I'm still not forgetting how Lucky cheated on Liz with Sarah back in 2002.

• Members

And what Liz should get a free pass? What about Liz kissing Jason just days earlier when she's been claiming not to love him and that Lucky is her husband and the only man she wants? Is that perfectly okay bc its Liz doing it, but Lucky must be crucified for kissing Sam? They both f--ked up this past week so I cant see how one is at fault while the other's actions are condoned and excused

• Members

I agree Liason it's self isn't a problem. I see no sexual chemistry at all between the two characters and I just don't think Rebecca and Steve have enough chemistry for a romantic couple but they could have been sweet if they were written the right way. As it is now they are the most annoying main characters on this soap. However Guza has destroyed many couples. He destroyed two of Liz's past pairings (Ric and Elizabeth and Liz and Lucky) he has destroyed Ric as a character (ruined Ric and Alexis), ruined Jason and Sam's relationships and he ruined Lucky and Maxie. Really his summer of destruction has ruined so many characters and pairing and all for what? Jiz? Are they really worth all of that? I hope not. This entire Jiz storyline is like an epidemic. It ruins almost all of the characters that are brought into it.

Didn't Elizabeth whine, moan, complain, bitch and babble to everyone about Lucky's unfaithfulness while she was humping all over Jason?

Does Liz get to have a free pass? Does Liz get to suck Jason Morgan's tounge off, while Lucky is condemnded for kissing Sam? Holy double standard batman.

• Members

First, pamela1965 is in here... Yes, we know, girl. "Jiz sucks. Liz should die."

Moving on.

I didn't say that Liz should get a free pass -- I was just saying that if Liz can be faulted, then so can Lucky be faulted for his kiss with Scum Sam. Skin was implying that he should get a free pass because you can't really fault him for it. Um... yes, you can. I've never said Liz had the right nor did I ever say that she should be excused for her lie. But I did and continue to say that Lucky's transgressions are what set this in motion. He's just pissed off because his ego is hurt. If Lucky hadn't kept an ongoing affair with Maxie to get drugs, lied to Liz for months and then had the nerve to sleep with Maxie in LIZ'S OWN BED, Liz would've never gone to Jason that night. But he doesn't want to own that. Everybody around Lucky kept excusing it and blaming the drugs. But, like Jason said, Lucky MADE HIS OWN CHOICES. Drug influenced, or not. He's the one who made them. Now, these are the consequences of those choices. All because he it's not happening in the timeline or the fashion he -- or others -- think it should, doesn't mean that the consequences are invalid.

• Members

Liz had every reason to whine, moan and complain about Lucky's unfaithfulness. SHE CAUGHT HIM IN THE ACT TWICE! THE SECOND TIME IN HER OWN DAMN BED! Lucky's whining about something that happened a year ago the very night he was caught in bed with Maxie. Liz whined because she saw it first hand and was actually in the middle of the situation. Lucky's whining because he's just feeling stupid because he didn't know about something that happened.

And what double standard? I'm not the one who was brazen enough to say that Liz couldn't be faulted for her actions. YOU'RE the one who went that route with Lucky. So I think you need to reevaluate your own double standards. "You really can't fault Lucky for -- " YES, THE HELL, I CAN! Lucky didn't have a gun to his head nor was he brainwashed. He made up his own mind to kiss that slut.

I'm tired of Lucky always being told that because of Liz or because of drugs or because of Maxie, he's not responsible for his own choices. :rolleyes:

• Members

I don't think anyone said that Lucky wasn't wrong. But Liz is as well. Liz lied for over a year about her affair and she too made her own choices. She chose to walk up 12 flights of stairs IN A BLACK OUT and hump Jason, she chose to lie to Jason and Lucky about the baby she was carrying, she chose to lie to Lucky about paternity a lie that she is still keeping. Just because Lucky got hooked on pills and slept with Maxie doesn't mean that Elizabeth was allowed to do all that she has done. She is just as wrong perhaps even more so due to the paternity lie. Liz is just like Carly and Maxie, the transformation is pretty much complete.

Ummm Liz cheated on Lucky just like Lucky cheated on Liz.

Actually the post that I made (towards AMC Zendell fan) said that you can't fault Lucky for doing the same thing Liz did. Basically saying that if you're not going to fault Liz for sucking tounge with Jason then you shouldn't fault Lucky for kissing Sam. That's my point. Either they both get a free pass or neither does. You can't say "Oh Liz was right to kiss Jason" and then turn around and say "Lucky is such a bastard for kissing Sam" they both did the same thing.

• Members
Hey I mean no offense, but I think you must have missed a big chunk of last fall bc all Lucky did was own up to his actions. Love or hate Lucky, I cant see how anyone can deny that. He was constantly apologizing for what he had done. He was constantly blaming himself and was racked with guilt. He took the ENTIRE burden of his failed marriage on himself and Liz let him when she was guilty of its destruction as well. He knew he made his own choices and did not make any excuses for it. And who around excused Lucky's actions? EVERYONE took Elizabeth's side. His brother, his sister, their friends...etc.... I was so pissed off bc Lucky didnt have much support. Lucky worked hard to recover from his addiction and his affair with Maxie. Most people do not pay for their sh-t on this show but he without a doubt paid

My problem with Elizabeth is she has not paid. She has NOT taken responsibility for what she has done. She blames it on Sam, Ric, Maxie but SHE made the choice to sleep with Jason. All her current problems are not Sam's fault as she has stated on numerous occasions since this story started. She has NOT been honest and she hasnt owned up to her sh-t. She's a walking contradiction of hypocrisy and cowardness. Thats my main issues with her. I dont care that she slept with Jason. While wrong, I cant fauly her considering what Lucky was doing, but everything she's done ever since is not okay. I dont care what Lucky did last summer. He paid for it and she forgave him. She begged him to forgive her but conveniently forget to tell him why she needed forgiveness.

Lucky was instrumental in the destruction of their first marriage but she is 100% responsible for the destruction of this one. You dont build a marriage based on lies and this one has been wobbling on hers from the very beginning and its finally catching up with her. I cant really say I feel sorry for her bc she brought this on herself bc Lucky gave her an out. He told her he would stop pursuing her and that he wa sloving her enough to let him go. He told her not to feel responsible for him and that he was going to do fine without her. That was the most mature thing he had done up until that point. Instead of letting him go, she is hte one that chose to run back to him, give him false hope and trap him in a marriage to help cover up her lies. That was HER choice. She f--ked with his mind and she f--ked with his heart. Did she mean to? Of course not, but it doesnt matter bc thats exactly what she did. There were 3 pivotal points in this story where she had a free oppurtunity to be completely honest. One was right after she took Lucky back following sex with Jason. The 2nd was when she gave him that speech about forgiveness and accepted his proposal and the third was recently after her testimony. Unfortunetly she did not take advantage of any of them, despite having so many chances. She made her bed and now she has to lie in it.

Actually it was 15....lol

• Members

If people are going to hold Lucky to his actions, then Liz needs to be too. That's the part of this I don't understand. It's like Liz is just supposed to be forgiven and we're supposed to bask in the glow of her pure and true love for Jason, because Lucky wronged her.

Am I the only one who watched Lucky ask her straight out if Jake is his? And did she not lie to his face? Did she not commit perjury? Did she not basically just tell Jason she'd play house with him?

Lucky did a bunch of mesed up crap. Absolutely. But he owned up to it. He made the choice to get clean, and fight for his family. He's been trying to be the best husband and father that he can be for months.

Liz...hasn't. And the really sad thing is, she doesn't seem to think she should. Heck, half the time i think she thinks everything she's doing is right and justified because of all the "bad" stuff Lucky did.

Whatever. Liason will get theirs at sompoint. That's what I'm waiting for.

• Members

YOU FREAKING ROCK, AND SO DOES THIS POST!

Liason being a couple is not the problem. The problem is Luza's lack of faith in how palatable Liason would be and his shortcomings as a writer. If Luza thought that Liason could stand on their own two feet and be a successful pairing, there would be no need to destroy other characters. How many characters are unwatchable due to Jason/Liason? Now they bring Emily back to sing the "Jason Chant"... No one wants to see her at all let along singing Jason's praises...

Watching Lucky is like watching AJ Quartermain all over again. His son was kidnapped while he hang from a meat hook, but Jason is the hero as AJ lie 6 feet under?

Luza stinks with his disgusting ass!

ANDREA

Archived