Christopher Goutman needs to be fired too!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Gary Tomlin has talent but I think tends to prefer his soaps a little campy-- I think a big reason that OLTL when he was EP was pretty campy was not because of co HW Lorraine Broderick--who usually ISN"T very campy, but because of Tomlin's influence. yah it had some moments but I dont' think that's the direction OLTL needed (thought Rauch had taken it ther ebefore) or the direction for ATWT. Looking at his past major shows--Sunset Beach, the brilliant but often campy Santa Barbara and I see a trend...

• Members

Never knew that. I knew she did Creative Horizons (AMC and OLTL) and Dramatic Creations (Loving and The City.) She could fire JP and bring in a great writer! Like I said before I wish she wasn't retired or else she would show the genre how good she really is.

• Members

To the original post= sorry Ron, but NO. If Chris Goutman had enough good sense to marry & remain married to Marcia McCabe, obviously he's doing something RIGHT!!!!!!

He's a great producer.

I think maybe a swap would be good though. You know, Ellen Wheeler at ATWT & Chris Goutman at GL?!!!?

• Members

If Goutman was to fire Jean and replace her with a talented HW, I would like him again. That's all it would take for me. However since he's such good friends with JP (just as Wheeler is with Kreizman on GL), and too blind to see what she's doing to the show, I would want him to be fired.

Archived