Utah Mining Tragedy

Tishy

• Members

It's been 11 days since the first collappse, causing the trapping of hte first six miners. Do they even have enough water to sustain life? I honestly don't know. Now, last night nine rescuers were injured & three have died. What should be done now? The rescuers, from my understanding, are not working at the base of the site but they are still drilling. I think it is important to try to get to the trapped miners, but to the expense of others? I'm really torn on this. What does everyone else think?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a terrible situation. I think they should keep drilling the holes and looking for signs of life, but it seems very risky to continue the rescue operation when they don't even know if there are survivors. However, I know if my husband/brother/father was trapped in that mine, I would want that mountain torn apart in an effort to reach my loved one. I can't imagine what this must be like for the families of the miners.

• Members

I personally think that they should continue to dig to find the miners; mainly to appease the minds of the loved ones that are greatly worried about them. There is risk in everything that is done in order to save a life.

For me, it takes me right back to 9/11 where so many were still unfound, but brave men and women didn't give up until they gave loved ones some sort of peace of mind that nobody was giving up on looking for them.

It is a terrible situation, and my prayers go out to them each day...

Archived