GL : Week of August 13th

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh GL has it's moments. I still have one foot out the door though, on the verge of not watching, but some stuff still holds my interest.

Today (8/13) was mildly reminsicent of what GL used to be. Alex and Alan interaction has been seldom seen on the show and I missed them. Guess the show took some time out of it's busy schedule of making Alan cartoon to illustrate that he still has a relationship with his sister.

Was that Blake in the previews for today? I hate when they do that...have her appear in one episode as someone's confidante and friend and next we don't see her for a couple of months. She was missed at the Bauer BBQ.

Frank was super annoying today as the protective brother. His small scene with Natalia piqued my inrested a bit, I mean that would be quite a pairing.

• Members

I was thinking, for those fans who watched back in the early 90s, and even the late 90s, would it have been a slightly better, instead of making some dark, unfamiliar, unheard of Main Street square, but instead a set of 5th Street? I was thinking about this today when the show made some big deal out the potential closing of CO2, which is a run by the Coopers. It just reminded me of how the Coopers had once ran a diner which was like the the place to go for those that resided/or were passing by on 5th Street. Gawd I miss those days.

• Members

I don't think it would have. Honestly, with the budget the way that it is, GL should have gone back to the more domestic storylines that dominated its early years with 2-3 core families. With that, I think it would have been much more effective had they spent the majority of their set-building budget building home sets (even if it's just a living room) for the core families.

Yet now, we have this weird thing going on. We have some more domestic storylines and events, but they are unfolding in very impersonal places. Who holds a family picnic/funeral/wedding/etc on MAIN STREET? The stories lose whatever warmth they might have had and become much less effective and interesting.

• Members

I have to agree that the lack of proper sets affect the show. There's no getting around that. I wish that they had given one of the main characters a house set instead of doing one for Lizzie's new bar. Rick and Beth in the Bauer house might be a good choice.

I'd like to see a little more of Doris. I like the actress. I wish they would give her a little more, instead of making her the cartoon evil mother.

• Members

I wonder if Beth E is on vacation? I remember last year when she went I didn't miss Harley, but right now I do.

I'm glad Ashlee got to call Coop out on playing she and Ava off each other. I just wish she hadn't said "I love you". He doesn't deserve it as long as he's coming to Ava's beck and call. I continue to hate Olivia. Never thought I would be rooting for Reva over her, but her we are.

• Members

Reva pinned to that windshield was a bit disturbing for me. I didn't like that at all.

The ChipMonk wedding was in very poor taste. When Cassie gets to Main street in her white dress with the inappropriate black belt, all I saw was the postings on the bulletin board behind her. Tacky!

Josh is so detached from Reva, and it makes no sense. To want to move on is fine, but to be completely indifferent?

String DK up by the balls please!

And no, the accident didn't translate better on tv. It was horrible!

ANDREA

• Members

The poor production values of the last few episodes of GL could have easily been avoided. Easily.

Even though I despise the couple, Josh and Cassie wed on Main Street? Such poor taste GL. We know your strapped for cash GL, but damn at least try to act like you're not. Remember 2006, or even 2005?

Since the show loves going on location in New York, why didn't they film the wedding in a park or at the botanical gardens like Jake and Vicky's wedding on AW?

Olivia hitting Reva w/her car was a complete joke. If anything, they should have had Olivia noticed that she hit something with her car, get out, look behind her car and find an unconscious Reva. Hell add a cracked windsheild for dramatic impact. Ridiculous.

Archived