Which recast had a bad effect on the character?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cassie Winslow - from Laura Wright to Nicole Forrester - horrible, horrible recast.

Bridget Forrester - from Jennifer Finnigan to Emily Harrison (who should have been given more of a chance) to the obnoxious Ashley Jones. Just get rid of Bridget.

Dylan Lewis - from the wonderful Morgan Englund to the most irritating, annoying, creepy Brian Gaskell, whom I didn't like on B&B either.

I know there must be more, but these are the three that are currently getting under my craw.

On ATWT, nobody does Craig Montgomery better than Scott Bryce, so any previous replacement for him just never cut it for me, although the last replacement, Jeffrey Meek, would have made a better relative of the evil James Stenbeck than Craig.

Alan Spaulding - When Daniel Pilon took over the role of Alan on GL, he just didn't jive as the ultra-rich, evil powermaster. Fortunately, Ron Raines is wonderful in the role, which is saying a lot, because Christopher Bernau was top-notch as the original Alan.

• Members

Ooh! I have a good one:

GH

Eileen Boylan to Katie Stuart as Sage Alcazar. A high profile, much sought after role given to a beautiful and striking young actress... recast days later to little miss one-note. Thank goodness they wrote that one off after a year.

• Members

What IS Peyton doing these days? She needs to come back to the show! I hated her in the beginning but I loved her once they paired her with Dusty (who is a shell of his former self and who I think privately cheers that he's banged both women of the Oakdale Three and wants to bang Aaron to make it a even 3. Hey Aaron wanna have sleep sex on some Bounty paper towels before Lucy and Ali come back.)

I'm pretty sure that Joanna HartsHorne is the only Sarah Smith Travers. I looked it up on IMDB and the only other Sarah Travers was on Midnight Edition (1994). I looked at HartsHorne's page last night and there were pictures of her. I remember those DOE eyes that made her a worst actor than she already was. She was on the CBS Daytime Next Generation ad in 2004 before she got fired. Lets not forget her fainting at Memorial. WORST ACTING EVER! She embarrassed herself and doesn't act anymore on screen at least. Wow! And I hated Peyton List. I should have taped her performances and put them on YouTube. No send them to the InTurn actors and tell them how NOT to act. I can't say no more.

• Members

Oh, yes. I remember that garbage. Especially since Katie Stuart was just on the show like 3 weeks before the recast as another character, Cindy, all together.

Anyway, adding to the GH Crummy Recasts...

Kiko Ellsworth as Stan Johnson (I miss Gomez Warren)

Andrea Carina Pearson as Gia Campbell

M'Fundo 'I Wear Black T Shirts in Love Scenes' Morrison as Justus Ward

Danica Stewart as Maxie Ho-lips Jones

• Members

AMC

Alec Iforgethisname as Del. God I hate this version and miss Winsor Harmons.

ATWT

Heather Rattray as Lily. I did'nt hate her portrayl, she just had no chemistry with Jon Hensley and I blame her for that awful Holden losing his memory because of it. :D

GH

Coltin Ialsoforgethisname as Nikolas. He just did'nt do it for me. It also did'nt help that he and Lucky seemed a little to - together. It was kind of creepy yet funny at the same time.

• Members

I disagree about TSJ. He has made Todd Manning his own. Now from HT to AH I agree with. Amelia is nothing like Heather Tom's Victoria. This Victoria whines and never stood up to Victor like Heather Tom did. I have a question. Whatever happened to Brash and Sassy that Victoria ran at Newman?

• Members

Colton Scott changed his name to Stephen Martienes (which I heard was his real name :o ) and went on to be another bad recast on Guiding Light. Tony Santos. No. JUST no. I didn't like him with Marah, Eden, or Michelle. I'm glad he fell off the cliff. He was ruined.

• Members

Now that I'm thinking about it, the whole Santos (except for Saundra Santiago, she was FUN to watch until she became like a Wile E Coyote like character coming back only to kill Michelle then loosing and eventually dying in the arms of her son Danny.) was horrible. What a HORRIBLE era that was...

Archived