Which recast had a bad effect on the character?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the third post commenting on Adair and Koslow. Well Adair was only on for 3 years and Koslow is identified with the role she has been there for 12 years and there is still story to tell. Adair's Kate would only be able to keep Aunt Maggie or Julie company, she would not be a equal to Marlena or Hope...Sorry!!!

• Members

This is the third post commenting on Adair and Koslow. Well Adair was only on for 3 years and Koslow is identified with the role she has been there for 12 years and there is still story to tell. Adair's Kate would only be able to keep Aunt Maggie or Julie company, she would not be a equal to Marlena or Hope...Sorry!!!

• Members

ALL MY CHILDREN

Andrew Ridings as JR

Justin Bruening as Jamie

Alana de la Garza as Rosa Santos

Natalia Cigliuti as Anita Santos Warner (Darlene Tejeiros was a bore, too, but YIKES! Natalia's version was dead)

Brent Weber as Reggie Montgom-- opps, I'm sorry. He's playing Sean Montgomery. <_<

Marcus Patrick as Jamal Cuddahy

Charles Parnell as Derek Frye

Sabine Singh as Greenlee Smythe duPres

Kelli Taylor as Taylor Roxbury Cannon

Anthony Addabbo as Dimitri Marick

Laura Allen as Laura Kirk English

Nathalie Paulding as Bianca Montgomery

GENERAL HOSPITAL

Kirsten Storms as Maxie Jones

Tamara Braun as Carly Benson

Jennifer Bransford as Carly Benson

Laura Wright as Carly Benson

Natalia Livingston as Emily Bowen Quartermaine

Jed Allen as Edward Quartermaine

Jacob Young as Lucky Spencer

Greg Vaughn as Lucky Spencer (this version a total DOOFUS!)

Blonde Wig as Laura Spencer

• Members

I totally agree with you GEORGIA_BOI...to me Lauren Koslow successfully re-invented the role of Kate Roberts and I don't even associate Deborah Adair with the role simply because the character changed so radically. I also think you're bang on that Adair's Kate would have been written out or horrifically backburned whereas Koslow's Kate remains a relatively important character. Koslow made it work and I think she's one of DAYS' biggest assets (her Bill Bell pedigree speaks to this of course)

BAD RECASTS:

Phelice Sempler as Donna Love! Anna Stuart owned that role and I don't think I would have found anyone acceptable in that role. Fortunately Stuart loved AW and did return in 1991 and stayed on till the end.

Robert Kelker Kelly as Bo Brady! Again this role belongs to Peter Reckell, case closed.

Marj Dusay (round 2) as Alexandra Spaulding! I loved Joan Collins in that role, she added a pizazz to GL that it hasn't had since. Granted, Beverlee McKinsey was the best Alex without a doubt but I think Collins, like Koslow, re-invented the role in such a way that I accepted and loved her instantly. Dusay just seemed burned out and tired after her fabulous stint at AMC and her Alex just fell flat for me.

• Members

Yes...ew. Never understood why some thought he was this great recast.

The beginning of the dumbing-down, blandification, and hunkification of one of daytime's most complex, intelligent young male characters.

Jonathan Jackson's Lucky was miles more mature at 13 than the doofus cop Greg Vaughan is playing now.

• Members

Joan Collins as Alexandra was one of GL's best casting decisions in the past 10 years :) I can only imagine how differently the show would be now if Collins had stayed through her originally intended 6-month run, and then the character would've left town again in March 2002. If their original plans for Alex had went through, they never would've rewritten it so that she was Reva's stalker.

• Members

Allyson Rice-Taylor to Susan Batten might be the worst recast ever

Recasting Ellen Davidson as Kelly Capwell on SB. Carrington Garland (was that her name) was very good in the part

Susan Haskell to Cristina Chambers on OLTL. (Maybe writer problem, the jury is still out but I'm not optimistic)

Bruce Michael Hall as Joey on OLTL

The first "Flash" or Sarah on OLTL

• Members

I think Drake Hogestyn had a bad effect on the Roman character. Since he was originally supposed to be Roman, they took a lot of the Roman traits and made him John. In order to have Roman be some sort of character he was changed from a hero to whatever he is today!!!

Also the re-casting (re-hiring) of Kristian Alfonso, had a bad effect on the Billie character, the Billie character had to be changed to satisfy Bo/Hope fans.

• Members

ATWT

Scott Holroyd to Roger Howarth as Paul

From multi-layered character to repetitive lines and facial mannerisms

Peyton List to Spencer Grammer as Lucy

From goddess of my soul (:wub:) to whiney 20 year old bratty doctor

Hunt Block to Jeffrey Meek as Craig

From multi-layered character to Dracula-wannabe

Craig Lawlor to Matt Cavenaugh as Adam

From sweet, smart, funny, sensitive film student to manipulative, condescending, using, psychotic, raping record producer

Some others:

Jordana Brewster to McKenzie Satterthwaite

Allison Rice-Taylor to Susan Batten

John Loprieno to Austin Peck

...and I could've sworn there was an actress that played Bonnie's foster friend "Sarah" before the actress that played her until the character's exit. That last one was pretty horrific.

Archived