July 9-13, 2007

Toups

• Members

I absolutely expected the DAYS gain...I expect them to gain again like .1 or .2 next week!

Wimbledon was especially rough to the NBC soaps this year, so naturally its going to take a little extra time for them to rebuild to their pre-wimbledon numbers.

DEFINETLY happy to see DAYS back in the 2's and back above GL!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree and understand why the show has been able to maintain its number 4 standing. The show still has a number of issues to workout but I have been enjoying the show most days over the past few weeks. I am seeing alot of potential and hoping that alot of good will come in the near future.

• Members

WTF happened to all the soaps on Friday, every soap did BAD on that day besides GH, who was consistent with the other days #'s!

B&B got a 2.5 on Friday...that has to be a new record low for the dailies for them...1.6 for GL that also has to be a record low for them too in the dailies!

• Members

Totally agree!

A gain is a gain for me...even if the show did lose 600,000 viewers last week because of the holiday and wimbledon, this week they gained half back...which is good.

Imagine if they didn't gain at all or even dropped, that would have been an even WORSE situation than last week!

• Members

I didn't expect Days to gain back everything they lost last week but getting back to 2.0 is a positive sign. Now, it will be interesting to see how they do for the ratings next week. Will they continue to gain or is this as good as the ratings are going to get?? Tune in next week!!!

• Members

I was expecting a 2.1 at least but a 2.0 is still good. The end of the week killed them and it seems Friday was hard on everyone but GH. Weird.

Usually Days sees consistent gains or maintains from now until August so we'll see if that tradition holds up as the tennis one did this week. Even so, good to see Days recover, especially in the summer time. We can all say that Days always recovers and so on but summer is hard to get ratings with so much going on and so on. I think Days will see a +1 gain at least for this week for all the vets and the Tony stuff. The next few weeks are vet-laden so, hopefully, that will pay off in the ratings. It's going to take a bit but they are getting there.

Good to see all the other soaps up for the most part. GH is getting close to #2. B&B is in a spiral of sorts it seems.

Hope for even better next week.

• Members

Another craptastic week for soaps, you know it's bad when some of us are calling a friggin' 2.0 a major success for Days, when it really isn't. Y&R and GH have been holding steady for a while now, while the others fluctuate, I guess that's somewhat commendable.

Days is never going to rival GH and B&B again. Days has lost too much of its core audience to do so, and it isn't doing a very good job of regaining them. A lot of us seem to be hoping that Days would have a steady upward trend, but that's near to impossible in today's world, its gonna take one hell of a miracle for Days to be as high as #4, yet alone anything higher.

Archived