• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, I admit that I don't know THAT much about Anna Devane's history/personality on GH, aside from her popular romances and PI background......

BUT....I do know her very well from her stay on AMC......

AND.....

When did she become this cartoonish, giddy teenager? And why wouldn't she know Robin's birthday?

Ok, and I've obviously missed something, but what's up with Noah Drake and there actually being a real Rick Springfield...errrr Eli Love? Surely they aren't twins....

• Members

UGH, Guza is once again destroying a popular and well-loved character.

The real Anna is strong women who takes no prisoners. She's certainly not some gitty ditz, as was portrayed today. Anna would know Robin's birthday too, are they trying to make her a bad mother too now? :rolleyes:

I refuse to believe this is the real Anna we saw today. LOL!

• Members

I watched General Hospital today and I just find myself irritated with it. The entire show is just annoying and trivial. The fact that "Jerry Jaxx" walks around free as a bird is disturbing and a slap in the face to Robin, Alan and all of the metro court victims. It's disturbing and a new low for a soap that entertains mobsters as hero's.

More over I am livid at both Jason and Elizabeth. I never thought that Sam's character could be ruined anymore then it already has but it seems as if Guza hacked it up good and all for Jiz. Sam's character destruction is nearly as bad as Lucky's was last summer and the saintification of Elizabeth Webber and Jason Morgan has reached regurgitive levels. Especially in light of the fact that Elizabeth has still yet to tell Lucky that the baby he loves isn't even his. Elizabeth is a whoring hypocrite and I want someone to get on her case ASAP! Lulu should have long time ago.

I found no enjoyment in today's episode. None at all. I was irritated and all in all angry at the trash that is General Hospital. I only like maybe one or two scenes today and that was Balwdin's kid//Lulu/Cooper scenes and I couldn't even enjoy that because of that whore Maxie.

Carly is uninteresting, Sonny is repetively boring and Sonny's long lost love is just almost as annoying as this Amelia chick and on top of all this they have Anna running around like a 19 year-old groupie bimbo.

• Members

I am glad that I didn't waste the time to watch the show to see the destruction of Anna Devane....From what I could remember from watching old episodes of the show from my cousin's collection, she was fiesty, no-nonsense and intelligent. From what I have seen of what she has been shown on, she's not being shown as that, and that's just another way to slap the fans who have followed her character in the face by giving us cartoon antics from a beloved character.

The show as a whole has become nothing but mob antics and every character that is featured is always connected to it in some way. It would be nice to actually have a show where all characters are not at the least connected to either Sonny or Jason.

• Members

LOL! Although Alex was a sophisticated, stone-cold bitch. (And I loved her).

I saw GH and it was very sad wha they did to Anna. I loved Anna back in the day when she was on GH, and I loved her on AMC, too. In fact, I think Richard Culliton did a great job of keeping the character's integrity in tact, she was always strong, fierce, and fiery, and her relationship with David was the bomb.

• Members

I haven't seen the show yet...I'm a little behind. I've also loved Anna Devane since "back in the day" and I agree that, even while at AMC, the character remained pretty true-to-form.

During her last appearances on GH, something bothered me about her. I think it's that there was a certain lack of warmth or attachment....not in Finola's portrayal, but in how the character was written. I think Robert and Holly (although not a favorite of mine) suffered as well, moreso even, from the current writing. These were all sophisticated, intelligent characters...they had their flaws but they were basically well intentioned. But then Holly was villainized far worse than she'd ever been during her previous stints. The once top cop, superspy Robert was reduced to a comic foil, a buffoon freeloading off the Quartermaines, and who seemed to basically just pay lip service to concern over Robin. Anna lost some degree of warmth and complexity and became more a sort of uber-spy out of a comic book. And the fact that they write life-threatening situations for Robin and don't even bother to mention where her parents are (not even one-sided phone calls), makes those characters seem that much more uncaring and detached when they do reappear.

• Members

Say what you will about Sam but she was always obscenely loyal to Jason no matter what. She was very much Jasons' "ride or die chick". That was the one thing about her character that always stayed consistent no matter what. Sam's big huge earth shattering love for Jason. No matter what she was there for him and always wanted to be with him and always wanted what was best for him and now after everything we are meant to believe that Sam would hide in the bushes while a woman kidnapped his son? WTH. This is the same Sam who stood by Jason when he took Sonny's business away for being with Emily, the same Sam that stood by Jason when he was having complications with his brain, The same Sam who she said she didn't feel whole with out him just last summer? The same Sam who said she couldn't live without him and just wanted him to comeback because she felt like she couldn't suck in air without him by her side?

Whatever happended this isn't the same Sam. Sam has been obsessed with Jason from 2004/2005 onward and this just isn't the same Sam no matter what and the change is just as glaring as Pill addiction Lucky and the adgenda is just as clear now as it was then. To make Jiz look better by comparision. It's pretty hard to do when you consider what the character's are and what they have done. You can't really make a cold blooded hitman look better then an honorable cop. So what did Guza do? Hacked up Lucky by having him addicted to pills and made him sleep with the biggest drug dealing whore GH has ever seen Maxie. How do you make whoring hypocrite Liz look better when she is keeping one of the biggest paternity secrets ever? Have Sam go against 2-3 years worth of writing and have her be an accessory to Jake's kidnapping. The same kid that Elizabeth is lying about being Lucky's.

I don't know what it is but Guza has this huge hard on for Jiz and he will seemingly destroy anyone and anything to make them look better and that includes trashing 10 years of history Lucky and Elizabeth have been threw and destroying the entire basis of the Jasam relationship.

• Members

Skin,

I agree with you assessment of how GH has handled Jason, Sam, Liz and Lucky!! I have been watching GH since the mid 1970's and GH has always been my favorite ABC daytime show. With that said, I have been totally disgusted over the last few weeks with what they have done to Sam, Lucky, Liz and even Jason.

There was no good reason to destroy those characters. I detest Elizabeth and I was always a Liz fan. Many people can't stand Jason and/or Sonny, but I never felt that way, now I don't even want to look at him.

Lucky does not deserve this. He was willing to walk away from Elizabeth free and clear. Yet Liz choose to further her lie and still long for and flaunt Jason in Lucky's face.

As for Sam, she has ALWAYS been there for Jason in a way that Robin, Liz, and Courtney never have.

When she came to town, she was a con artist who was involved with Jax and then Sonny. She was not conning them, she was working on stealing/finding sunken treasures on ships. A fact that both Sonny and Jax was aware of. She never loved Jax, but like most of PC she fell in love with Sonny. There was no Skank motives or skank like behavior going on with her. Fast forward to the start of her relationship with Jason. They didn't even like each other, but they grew to tolerate one another and then they fell in love. Jason didn't mind that she had a criminal past, because he himself was a criminal. She accepted him for who he was.

Sam did one bad thing (sleep with Ric) and she get's labled a skank and that she was always a skank. Her behavior was not like Maxie, she did not continue, nor enjoy, nor pursue that action. Unlike Liz who continues to lie and perpetuate her deception because she is saint Liz. Sam even told Jason about it of her own free will shortly after it happened. Liz has yet to own up to the truth. Liz condems Lucky for being a drug addict who cheated on her, yet she has no problem lusting after a man who kills people and probably pushes drugs.

Let's get real here. Sonny and Jason are in the mob. The mob deals with drugs, weapons and prostitution just to name a few. It was already established that Alcazar ran weapons but that Sonny did not. So what does that leave?? Coffee??? And yet Liz has no problem with that!!!!

Lucky deserves another woman and I hope that GH brings on someone good on for him. Lucky and Liz had a true friendship and Love way before Jason. I am just sorry that it has to end this way.

I will continue to read the weekly previews and postings but I can not watch the show.

• Members

It's so sad what GH has been reduced to. I was so irritated by this show Friday that I walked out on the last ten minutes of it. It was just the biggest annoyance and that was the most aggrevating 50 minutes I ever seen. GH doesn't just suck it's just aggrevating. Between Jerry Jaxx, Liz/Jason and destruction of Sam. I don't know what to do. Jerry Jaxx who is one of the most annoying characters ever to be created is also one of the most offensive characters to be written. The fact that he walks about so freely and taunts his victims with ease and they all just sit back and take it isn't just nauseating it's unexceptable. Carly wouldn't have put up with this. She would have chewed his bones and flayed him alive by now.

One of my biggest problems with the show is that they are trying to make Lucky the bad guy for being skeptical about Jason and Liz's relationship. When Elizabeth is very much in the wrong here for lying about the paternity and lying to Lucky about her relationship with Jason. Elizabeth is almost as bad as Maxie is. The only difference is that her kid is real while Maxie's was pretend. I hate Elizabeth and I wanted Carly to smack the skin off her teeth when Elizabeth had the nerve to get on her moral high horse around her. There aren't enough words to vent my rage at how angry I am at Elizabeth's character and the complete 180 they have done with her in a few months shy of a year.

I just want Jason in jail forever. I used to tolerate him now I just want him gone. I want both Elizabeth and Jason gone from the show.

Your right Sam did except Jason and stood by him when many others chose not to. I don't even like Sam but the complete hacking of her character is too deplorable to keep quite about.

Your right Lucky deserves better and so does Sam but I think Sam is to far gone in the mob portion of GH to ever get out.

I hate this show.

Archived