GH: Night Shift Episode 1 Disccussion

• Members

It was good, IMO. I liekd it, a lot. I didnt love it tho, but i can see it getting better.

I loved the fact that it was all about the hos and medical stuff and the dr's. no sonny, carly, etc.. yes we had Jason, but i love Jason when away from sonny.

the best was coop/maxie sex scene... i was a lilsuprised GH:NS went there tho, but it was funny.. still hot n sexy, but funny.

and as for barrett... humm.. thats prob the most intersting thing. to bad it will prob be dropped like it never happend.

yes the opening had bad comp shots, but hello GH! and i do like the way it fades intoi GH:NS.

looking forward to the next eppy.

and as for the fact that nothing on GH daytime is the same on GH:NS.. idk. its annoying a lil bit but i kinda watch it as 2 diff shows not connected at all.

anyone got caps or know a site with some?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mixed feelings! I think it is so much better than the actual "General Hospital" I didn't think I would watch or even like it but I do! I just don't like how there is no through line with GH and NS! Jason is in jail Monday-Friday but on Saturday nights he's working off his debt to society?? What-ever!

• Members

I have a problem with the continuity stuff. It is a problem for people who watch both shows, to see characters having different storylines going on at once. I expected it to look and sound different from the regular show, and for the most part, it wasn't. Not bad, but not excellent. I did like the view of Port Charles in the opening though, and I would like that shot of GH in the regular show's open. I'll give it time.

I wonder if the Barrett in the hospital is related to Brenda (or is Brenda), or maybe a connection with Coop (or both).

• Members

I loved it more then I am actually loving GH right now. Loved the shower scene between Scrubs, loved Epiphany-reminded a little of Grey's Bailey whom I love, loved the Spin, Jason and The Fair One(forget her actually name) scenes and the Maxie/Coop getting busted said had me lol.. Hi Daddy :lol:

Look forward to next week!

• Members

I think what bothered me was there is no way mac - the comissioner would be on duty for a shot in the foot in the middle of the night. same with the financial lady. uh - she would work the day shift. and maxie? why would a volunteer be there between midnight and 6 am. hmmmm.......jason doing community service there during the night is a bit odd.

and since when is port charles the size of chicago???? and last i saw the hospital it wasn't what - 20 stories high??? at least they could have made port charles more realistic. it has never been shown to be a huge hopping city. so i agree with you. i'm hoping next weeks will be better or i might not even bother watching it.

OOOHHHHH - I DID LOVE SPINELLI - to Jason: your hands look like a bbq. that reminds me - i'm hungry...........lmao!!!

• Administrator

I thought it was just okay. It wasn't that interesting.

I also hate the continuity. I guess it was too hard for Guza to have the same timeline as GH.

And what's the point of having Jason there? We already see him enough on GH.

You know who should've wrote Night Shift? Karen Harris! Guza writing a show set in the hospital? I don't have any faith in that.

• Members

Mac wasn't there because of Spinelli's shooting...he was there to investigate the ambulance explosion.

But I do agree that it was strange that EVERYONE was there in the middle of the night.

• Members

lol - you got me there with mac!!!! my natural blond must be seeping thru my dark hair dye. i guess i was a little more bored than i thought.

but everyone else?? come on!!!!

i don't think spinelli would be there if it wasn't for "stone cold" - if i have to see even MORE of jason it's worth it for spinelli. i love him. esp when he told jason: your hands look like they were bbq'd. that reminds me - i'm hungry.

i love the jackell!!!!

• Members

I really enjoyed nightshift, and I guess that I might be the only one.. but I like the cast.. down to the great Billy Dee Williams.

I for one like the character of Spinelli.. and as for the return of " Brenda Barrett".

Folks .. the character should of been recast a long time ago .. IMO ...

I love the character.. and the actress is a bag of chips.. but I dont watch the show for the actors... I watch for the characters .. the story... the drama...

I am watching GH reg... do I wish it had NO MOB on it... oh yea... but I think Gh is now the best ABC drama...

So bring back the character... of Brenda.!!!!

• Members

Karen Harris may still have a shot at writing an episode: Liz Korte wrote the premiere, but Garin Wolf [also on staff but not a daily writer] also wrote an episode coming up, and Guza's wife, Meg Bennett, has written episode #5.

Also, here are episode titles to come and what was:

Episode #1: Frayed Anatomies

Episode #2: Skin Deep

Episode #3: ???

Episode #4: Keep The Change

Episode #5: Bed, Bath, and Be Gone

Episode #6: Love's Labors

Episode #7: Kids, Don't Try This At Home

Episode #8: Employee of the Month

Archived