AMC: Who wrote the Libitizone storyline?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah - it was JP.

I have to be honest - I absolutely LOVED that crazy storyline. Having everyone on that boat drugged with Libidizone and having sex with random people was amazingly entertaining. It threw a lot of relationships and storylines in a new direction - and of course Arlene Vaughan and Leslie Coulson were around to make me smile.

• Members

David didn't develop it for Dixie. Jake was impotent after his gunshot wound, and so he developed it to cure that. Since the side effects of the drug made you feel drunk and to lose your inhibitions, David decided to spike Tad's drink with it so Leslie would have a better chance of bedding him. But Arlene was running past David (trying to get off the yacht before she was discovered), bumped in to David, and he spilled the whole drug into the whole punch bowl. Ha.

• Members

Just to co-sign, and add insight... that horrid mess was Jean Passanante's FIRST storyline out the box as solo-head writer once Agnes left in 2000 (1999-2000, it was Nixon, Passanante and Elizabeth Page all as co-head writers, then Page left first in 2000). That was a telling sign of where the stories went from then on under her pen. TOTALLY plot/event driven.

• Members

As a David and Erica fan and a one time T&D fan, I completely concur.

LOL, no one remembers that Erica was accidently (be prepared, the rape debate is going to start once I post this. :rolleyes: ) drugged beore the party and did a great number on top of the paino to Cole Porter? LOL :D

• Members

Aside from the number it did on Tad and Dixie (but we won't get into why D&D had to happen, and the story had to go that drastic to make them happen) I didn't mind it. I got amazing D&E scenes out of it. Things like that, the whole party getting drugged, happens all the time on soaps.

Archived