ATWT: Wednesday June 20 Episode

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great show today.

Craig and Meg's scenes were intense. Loved the drama. SB (who I accidently called SH yesterday. Sorry to whomever it was I confused) is doing an excellent job with the role.

Carly and Parker made me cry of course. I just wish Katie and Jack would have stayed away. And yeah when it comes to Parker as much I sympathize with him, he has NO right to yell at JJ after all the hell he's put the boy thru.

Noah and Luke or "Nuke" as I've heard them called....still iffy about them. The only good thing about this pairing is that we see more of Luke and Jade (in a context other than Will and Gwen). And even then the storyline is just not seeming real to me.

Noah comes across as completely boring and just stale. Add to the fact that he's not as good looking as I expected him to be the character is just blah. And sorta like CarJack they seem like complete opposites. And yes opposites attract but thats not necessarily a good thing. I wish they'd bring Kevin back into the mix. I think he and Luke make a better match. Kevin would know how to handle Luke and his inner diva.

• Members

The Carly/Parker scenes killed me. When she was sitting with him on the porch. Wow. MW continues to prove why her Emmy was long overdue! My only wish for this story is that Carly would talk to the kids about how she felt when her mother abandoned her, which one of the reasons Carly is the way she is.

Nuke -- I hope this develops slowly. The best part actually is the relationship between Jade and Luke. It's the only time they allow Jade to show that she cares for someone else and not her drama. This is a side of Jade they need to show a little more often. EG is just being wasted, which is a damn shame.

The Craig/Meg stuff was certainly intriguing. Didn't expect Craig to find out the truth that way. SB and MW are an interesting acting couple. I enjoy their interaction, but something is definitely missing in the storytelling.

• Members

The other great unspoken elephant in the room is that Jack is acting exactly like Parker. :) He's going to keep his distance until he trusts Carly's back. I do hope, however, Kack crashes on their own. I so want Katie to be hoisted on her own petard.

• Members

I agree! I don't understand what was wrong with Jade, why did they need to turn Maddie into Luke's best friend? Luke/Maddie/Noah are boring together, there is no fire or diversity. I worry that this story will take out of pure boredom and they'll assume it's because of Luke. If Noah were brought on for Maddie or Gwen with no hint of gayness I doubt people would be nearly as forgiving as they are. But then again they wouldn't cast such a dull actor for one of their female stars.

I wish they'd keep Gwen, Will, Casey and Maddie separate from Luke, Jade, love interest (not crappy Noah), Kevin and original Dallas. The groups just don't mesh, IMO. Elwood can intermingle and I wouldn't mind seeing him put with Jade if Luke isn't available. Putting Jade with the screenhogging foursome has ruined her and it will ruin Luke too, but for different reasons.

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 21 2007, 12:42 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I agree! I don't understand what was wrong with Jade, why did they need to turn Maddie into Luke's best friend? Luke/Maddie/Noah are boring together, there is no fire or diversity. I worry that this story will take out of pure boredom and they'll assume it's because of Luke. If Noah were brought on for Maddie or Gwen with no hint of gayness I doubt people would be nearly as forgiving as they are. But then again they wouldn't cast such a dull actor for one of their female stars.

I wish they'd keep Gwen, Will, Casey and Maddie separate from Luke, Jade, love interest (not crappy Noah), Kevin and original Dallas. The groups just don't mesh, IMO. Elwood can intermingle and I wouldn't mind seeing him put with Jade if Luke isn't available. Putting Jade with the screenhogging foursome has ruined her and it will ruin Luke too, but for different reasons.

I think its the stories that have ruined her and not her being put in with the foursome as you called it. And in reality a teen scene is not just four people. I mean really to be honest a normal clique is around 30 to 40 people. Of course you can't have that many teens on one show since it would cause oldtime viewers to explode but I dont' find it strange that they intermingle.

I mean its much more interesting if A is into B but B is into C whos secretly harboring a crush on A which D is aware of and is using to her advantage to get B for herself while her best friend E is having a gay crush on C. I'd use more letters and expand but it would only get confusing.

And for those people who hate Jatie how exactly do you think they're going to end?

• Members

How old is Jade suppose to be? I think the problem is that she is too old to hang around with Will, Gwen, Maddie, Luke and Noah. She needs a separate story of her own. She needs to finally meet her grandmother(Iva). Why hasnt Lisa Brown been asked to return for a short run. Jade needs to connect with her family the Snyders. She still seems like an outsider in Oakdale.

• Members

Just wanted to point out some lines I thought were significant. There Jack's words to Katie:

"Theres no roadmap here. It's tricky but nothing we can't work out. Just understand that yu have nothing to worry about. Anything that happened between Carly and me was about Parker and ONLY Parker."

I know others will disagree but I think thats a sign that Jack is very committed to Katie and that this relationship will last for quite some time. Also the part I bolded is to show that yeah I understand that the relationship does have its hurdles. I can't think of a single relationship both real and soapish that doesn't have obstacles. But people manage to get thru them and I think Jatie can do the same.

Also he said "you have nothing to worry about". I disagree with that. While I don't believe Jack TRULY loves Carly I do believe he still has feelings for her buried deep inside and below the surface. He can deny it all he wants but I and I'm sure others won't forget how he begged for her to come back to him last year. And thankfully she declined. But still I know somewhere along the line hes probably going to have a realization that he "loves" Carly but at the same time loves Katie. And then the next few days will be devoted to him having to make this momentous decision between the two loves of his life. Hopefully he'll make the right decision. As of now I think its Katie. Not because I think shes better than Carly. But because I think shes better for Jack.

Last but not least he talked about how its all about Parker. Which is the absolute truth. He didn't plan on having any moments with Carly. But it happened and then he moved on. If anything Carly was more affected that he was. Which is sad in its own way but besides the point. Parker may keep drawing them together but I don't think its going to make them all of sudden love each other or forget the hell they've done to each other.

That being said I loved the scenes between Katie and Jack. It was sweet that she left that message and didn't go chasing after him to Carly's. And I appreciated the writers having him get the message and meeting her at Al's before she left. That was great planning I think and there was some awesome dialogue for all involved.

Anyways I look forward to hearing peoples thoughts and opinions.

• Members

It's funny sometimes when u read people's ideas and insights and you wonder if you're watching the same show?...lol

But since you asked for some thoughts.....

I don't see what you see between Jack and Caty at all. I see a man who is in big time denial and is slowly starting to see the light. I see a woman, who is also in denial and is going to be heartbroken when this all said and done. And i believe that woman is Caty. Although, I think it is a fitting ending for her after what she did to Mike, the supposed "love of her life". I definitely don't see Caty as the love of Jack's life that 's for sure. There's only one woman and that is definitely Carly. I think Caty's love of her life was Simon but that's another story altogether.

It's only a matter of time before Jack finally breaks down like Parker and admits to Carly that he still loves her and was scared to admit it. And I personally am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for that day!

Bring on the CARJACK!!

• Members

Ah....poor Katie. Don't you just know she'd NEVER be confident in the Kack relationship, whether Carly had come home or not? BRAD practically had her convinced Jack wasn't interested, all on his own. And we know he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. What Kack will deny til they're blue in the face is that this relationship is about nothing but sex. They both needed their egos boosted. (LOL...Katie got dumped TWICE!) Jack wouldn't have even slept with her, if he hadn't been pissed at the thought Carly was pining after Simon. "She's in love with Simon," he moaned, before letting the little witch stroke his ego.

Everytime Jack's out of her line of vision, Katie's worried. LOL...and up until today, Jack's been openly distant with Carly. I'm sure it won't be long until the uncomplicated Bradski is going to start looking very, very desirable to her Fluffiness. There's nothing Katie likes better than knowing she's got multiple men worshipping the ground she walks on.

• Members

Once again people change. Things change.

The Katie I saw on Tuesday was insecure. She was nervous. Anyone could see that and its easy to point it out. Who wouldn't be nervous about their bf being with their ex? Especially with all that history between the two.

The Katie of today was a lil bit more calm. She was secure in their relationship. And she wasn't constantly freaking out. Again people change. And maybe she will be a better person wtith Jack.

And of course the chemistry between Katie and Brad is very strong also. They could easily be a couple as well.

Archived