ATWT: Wednesday June 20 Episode

• Members

Exactly! Katie has been insecure in every relationship and just creates more problems for herself. And she always wants what she thinks she can't have. Even with Henry, once he left her, she schemed and lied to try to get him back when in reality it was still Mike she was in love with. She has to constantly have the men prove their loyalty to her and she uses her insecurity to get them to reassure her over and over. With Jack this is just a repeat of the way he was with Julia, denying his feelings for Carly because he was hurt. Jack still thinks he is 2nd best to Simon and once he learns that he isn't, he'll be saying Katie who? The look Jack gave Carly as he said goodnight told me he is very much in love with Carly even though he is denying it. Had Katie seen that she would have been even more insecure, but his head was turned so she couldn't see it. Jack says all the right things to Katie, but if you watch his face, he isn't saying it with his eyes. He tells Carly verbally it's over but his eyes say something every different to her. Jack and Carly still have "the Look" that they exchange. Jack is in denial but that will change. I really think it has been all about the kids with Carly up until now. I don't think she thought she had a chance, but she saw some of the old Jack back with Parker and the old feelings are coming back. It's only a matter of time, thankfully!

I still saw a very insecure Katie on Wednesday. She couldn't wait for Jack to call her even though she knew he was busy with Parker. Even the way she stated he wouldn't miss her while she was gone was done so that he would have to reassure her that he would. And come on did Parker really need his baseball mitt to sleep with? Parker was spending the night and not moving back home. If Katie were secure, she wouldn't have interrupted Jack and Carly with that or would have just left it on the porch. She is still very insecure which will ultimately cause her downfall and send her to the waiting and willing arms of Brad. She's started seeing him in a new light too, so that won't be hard for her.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA with the bold part. But I won't go into that for fear of stepping on some toes...

I think they made a major mistake by isolating Luke from the rest of the teenagers last year. While Gwen and Will were getting married and trying to make it all on their own, Luke was busy coming out to people. They should have soooo expanded on Will being the second person that Luke came out to. It might have been a bit cliche, but, and this was how I was going to write it in my blog a long time ago, Will could have been protective of Luke and naturally, a crush would have developed. Luke could have milled around it for a few weeks and finally tell Will. They'd come to an understanding about it, they'd be better friends because of it, and they'd both move on.

The disconnection between Luke and someone like Gwen is so obvious. I cringe when Luke mentions Gwen's singing or something. If I'm not mistaken, a couple of days ago (I think Monday), I believe Luke said something along the lines of "Any friend of Gwen's is a friend of mine." Sweetheart, you and Gwen have *barely* shared scenes since you were SORASed.

• Members

Jack says all the right things to Katie, but if you watch his face, he isn't saying it with his eyes. He tells Carly verbally it's over but his eyes say something every different to her. Jack and Carly still have "the Look" that they exchange. Jack is in denial but that will change. I really think it has been all about the kids with Carly up until now. I don't think she thought she had a chance, but she saw some of the old Jack back with Parker and the old feelings are coming back. It's only a matter of time, thankfully!

Y'know what gets me???? How overly polite Jack is with Katie. I mean, other than flucking her, it's like he's dating Emma. He jogged into Al's yesterday, and instead of just kissing her, and Katie sitting back down, he asks her to sit down. I suppose it's the littlest thing, but it's just another example of Jack having to reassure Katie he wants to be with her, that annoys me.

See, I think Carly has wanted to reunite with Jack since she returned. Her story about leaving Simon doesn't quite add up for me...I mean, why does Carly go to Katie's to check out Brad's story about Kack, if she doesn't want Jack back? With Jack angry and dismissive, Carly kept it about the kids. But with Jack opening up, and amazed at her mothering??? It's time to strategize and fight. Sure...Jack will bitch and protest about her "game playing". But it'll prove to him she wants him back...and it'll send Katie into a dither, where she'll probably end up shooting herself in the foot.

CAN'T. WAIT!!!! :)

• Members

Maybe she went to Katies to verify it because Katie destroyed her LIFE and the idea that the vindicative lil brat was actually involved her ex's life was unbelievable. Are you saying you wouldn't want to know if it was true the moment you found out?

I mean this lady nearly put Carly in prison over a MAN. Granted Simon is a man among mice but still. She had Mike and she decided to make Simon and Carly's lives a living hell. And then she has the audacity to embark on a relationship with children's father...her ex?

Thats nothing unusal. In fact I'd call it human.

As for Luke I agree with you All My Shadows. I really wanted Luke and Will to have some sorta storyline together back then. It was explored a lil bit but not as deep as it could or should have been. And those scenes between Gwen and Luke are awkward to say the least. I mean if anything the writers should be creative and have Luke and Gwen hate each other. And not because of Jade. It could be because of other things too. That would create some drama I think.

• Members

I agree something doesn't add up right about the Simon story. I think Carly has wanted Jack since her return, but I don't think she thought it was possible. I really don't think up until this point anything she has done was done in order to get Jack. I really think it has been all about the kids. Even going to see Katie that night, as she told Brad, he wound her up and sent her in that direction :lol: He gets a lot of the credit or blame for that! I think though Carly now saw Jack starting to let go of some of the anger and starting to see her as a decent person again and now she realizes she just might have a chance after all. I really wish the writers would let her sit back and just let Jack come to her and I have no doubt he will, but instead we will have the scheming and the game playing. I wouldn't mind it so much though because the "victim" will be Fluffy and I can't wait to see her fall and hopefully hard and have her world come crashing down around her. And we all know Jack loves Carly to fight for him. So bring it on!

• Members

Its good that a lot of people have posted but its more about stroking peoples egos rather than have an actual discussion where people respond to peoples opinions or thoughts on the episode and vice versa.

For example. I quoted what Jack said to Katie last night. But it looks like no one except petunia looked at it. And just recently I talked about why it wouldn't be strange for Carly to go running to Katies the moment she found out that she and Jack were together. And why it doesn't have to mean that Carly is in love with Jack.

Plus why would Carly's story be sketchy? Everything that Simon promised her came thru. And shes said plenty of times that shes missed him. Oh well I guess people are intent on creating this illusion that she despises Simon and turned him into the police or something.

• Members

You're going to have to decide what you want. DO you want people to respond to your thoughts and ideas? Then perhaps insinuating that ideas and thoughts that you don't like are just "ego-stroking and not a discussion" ISN'T the way to go.

Archived