DAYS: NEW SOD interview Drake Hogestyn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I don't know. I think Drake is a big goof and terrible actor but I do also think he is a Days icon you really can't lose even if I'd want to, and I really might. As silly as John is I enjoy him, he's hours of entertainment. I am grateful for him willing to give his, uh...all for the show and will leave it at that. I understand his ego being a bit inflated after years of frontburner worship. At least he's not saying he won't do the work.

Also, as much as I would love WN back as Roman full time, the show simply cannot afford to dump Drake and John altogether right now. It's barely alive as it is, though I do feel the actors and writers are doing their best in an impossible situation. I may not be a huge John/Marlena fan but I recognize their significance to the show and the audience, offline at least. To drop them now would be a killing stroke IMHO.

• Members

I agree with this.... what hurt the show the most these past 5 months was the loss of a chunk of the ensemble. 4 of the familiar faces and many more of the other familiar faces of peripheral characters were taken off the screen, it wasn't only due to Drake being MIA.

• Members

Also I think everyone here brought up valid points but if this is what Drake has to do try and keep his job then so be it. Maybe this is some last ditch attempt, whether he should've or deserves it I guess is besides the poitnt if he has to do this to keep his job.

• Members

I mean, he's right in that Days coincidentally had a complete storyline stall a month or so after he was shot. It was unbearable. And he just mentions how all he can do is try to bring the ratings up--but, as an "actor," you can only do so much.

• Members

I don't get all the emotions here really. :huh: He was asked a question and he answered he was there to do his best to try and bring the show back on track. I don't think he meant he will be the only person capable of doing that. Of course he knows Deidre and him together will probably make things better along with other co-workers.

Oh, and I agree on what Andre said. ^^

• Members
This is the part that gets to me. This show has been "spiraling out of control" for years, and he just now notices? Why is that? Oh, right, because up until the past year he was front and center during those crap years. Now that he's not things are bad and he's coming back to save it.

• Members

POST OF THE WEEK!

Agree whole heartedly!

Drake needs to get over it already. Sure he is a DAYS icon and has been a huge part of some of the most successful stories in DAYS historu, BUT SO HAS Alfonso/Reckell/Hall/Ashford/Jones/Reynolds ect, all of who have been treated pretty sh*ttily for the last few years...AND all who have kept their mouths shut to the press about it.

Drake is just being a whiny baby and needs to get over himself AND his damn eyebrows!!

I love John and Marlena, they are one of my all-time fave couples and deserve to be front-burner, but I mean maybe these actors needs to adjust their salaries. Soaps can no longer afford such hefty salaries as they all slowly lose more and more of their budgets due to low ratings...actors salaries should reflect a total decline in soap business.

Also, note to Drake, improve your acting talents to even an 1/8 of the actors I mentioned above, and then, MAYBE then I will feel sorry for you!!!

• Members

'scuba'. Well you cut the beginning out so it's sounds like he has the biggest ego. When I read the whole answer I simply see like this. His plan is to focus on doing the best job he can for the show, there's no time for fooling around. I don't read to much into it since I wasn't there in the room with him during this interview and can't tell how it sounded when he answered that very question.

It's great that he takes this matter serious, because that's what it is... serious. But he could've just added that it's great to work with Thaao and Joe again or something.

Drake and John is no favorite, he's mediocre to me. But I don't think this little artcile is worth making a mountain out of a molehill. Ohh well, jmo.

Archived